Home Study - AAT Level 2- How does the 'Computer Based Project' Assessment get graded?

Barclay1234
Barclay1234 Registered Posts: 2
Hi,

After reading lots of different threads, I think I'm going to try self study for AAT Level 2 in Accounting.

I reckon I'm gonna opt for the books from BPP, join AAT Membership so that I can access their practice exams online and be able to sit my exams, and then just book my exams at my local AAT centre (£80 for each one).

I can see that there is SAGE 50 30-day free-trial software available to help me with the Computerised Accounting unit of the course.

My question is, according to one of the home learning sites, 4 of the units are computer based which means I can just book my test at my local AAT centre, but one is classed as a 'computer based project' and is sent to your 'Tutor' for marking. What options do I have here, cos I obviously wont have a Tutor?

I know that people have said just read the content of Level 2, skip the exams and just move onto Level 3, but as I'm going for a career change, I would really like to sit the exams so that I can get something accounts related onto my CV ASAP.

Any advice anyone can give me would be really appreciated. And also if anyone can see any flaws with my masterplan above, please feel free to tell me :-)

Thanks.

Comments

• Barclay1234
    Barclay1234 Registered Posts: 2
    Many thanks Nick. Ive been in touch with a few providers this morning and have asked them for pricing details for the stand-alone unit. :)
Privacy Policy