ATT Personal Tax

Options
Hello, I am looking into studying for AAT - Personal Tax. I am a ACCA.

I would like to get the latest revision kit, then do the questions. Any gaps (they are many!) in my knowledge, I would read up.

My problem is I cannot find a place where I can buy a ATT personal tax revision kit with the latest Finance Act for November 2016 exam.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hi @FirstTab

I studied ATT personal tax with Tolleys but they won't have the latest finance Act until after Nov 2016. If you are sitting the exam in November you will be tested on FA2015.
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I studied with Tolley (distance learning). The cost is £240 + VAT, this includes study manual, question bank and 3 practice papers marked by a tutor. I think the online self study is a bit cheaper.
    Other providers like BPP and Kaplan may offer different study plans that suit you better so I suggest you have a look at their website.
    I think the study material is produced by Tolley in any case.

I can't remember the number of hours I studied (I did it over 2 years ago). If you are ACCA qualified and work in practice you should already have a good knowledge of the subject. But it's a really good and practical paper for members in practice as it covers personal tax and CGT.

I hope this helps, there is a dedicated area for ATT studies in the "social groups" category if you wish to join it (although it's a bit quiet!).

MN

• FirstTab
    FirstTab Registered Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello Doug, thanks for your response.

Like you, I also Googled for self-study material on ATT. As you say, Tolley is the only option. The downside is we have to enrol for the distance learning course, which as you know is over £200.

We cannot buy a manual and self-study. This is shocking. ATT needs to address this.

I do not need a whole distance learning course. All I want is a manual and a revision kit to go through £200 for this, is a high price.
  • FirstTab
    FirstTab Registered Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello Doug, thank you. I did not know that I could buy just the manual without paying for the full distance learning course. This is helpful.
Privacy Policy