Client interface

Neillaw
Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I'm looking for opinions about client interface.

My opinion is -
1. Pick up books and have a quick chat to gain background information and any changes that have happened over the last year
2. Contact client regarding queries etc
3. Finalisation meeting which goes through the account before submission and development for the next year - ie convert to a Ltd company or vat registration.

This has come about due to visiting a client last night, she's a mobile hairdresser and her friend turned up at the end while we were discussing items going forward as she's been offered a chair position (changes re vat). Her friend told me that her boyfriend was self employed and all he did was to submit his books to his accountant. The next correspondance he received was a text message to tell him that his accounts had been submitted and what his refund was.

I consider this to be a really poor service and was wondering what other people class as being best practice.

Thanks
Neil

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    I agree with your approach!

There might be some clients out there who are so uninterested in tax compliance that they would be happy with the kind of poor service you describe.

Meeting clients, answering queries etc... is the most satisfying part of my job!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Same, but I don't always have a finalisation meeting, sometimes the job is so small and straight-forward a meeting really isn't necessary unless the client wants one of course :)
Privacy Policy