Self studying Level 4

I've just about finished level 3 to which I completed via a night course at a local college. I found level 3 to be relatively straightforward and am keen to get level 4 over and done with in as quick a time as possible.

I intend to go via self study and wondered what the best pathway was in terms of modules. I intend to do Personal and Business Tax as my optional modules as I currently work for a CTA and am keen to progress to a ATT after completion.

My initial thought was to study 2 modules at a time, perhaps giving myself 2 months to prepare for the exams. Are there any two that I should consider studying first?

How much of a leap is level 4 from level 3?

Comments

• RosieJane
    RosieJane Registered Posts: 35
    I, personally, keep my modules seperate just so that I can learn that topic inside-out and have the best chance on exam day.

I have just completed L3 via self-study and sat one exam for L4 (still awaiting results!) I booked mine online through Kaplan and aim for around 6 weeks between each exam. It depends entirely on your circumstances, I work full-time and have a baby at home and have managed to get good results in all exams to date with under six weeks to learn and revise.

I was worried about the step up to L4 but haven't struggled with anything so far. Good luck!

• darthblingbling
    darthblingbling Registered Posts: 7
    Thanks. So basically if I have a Kaplan centre close by I should be OK to just book the exams as I see fit?
  • RosieJane
    Yes, you can view the availability online and book/pay when you are - see link below

rehttp://financial.kaplan.co.uk/TrainingandQuals/Accountancy/AAT/Pages/computer-based-tests.aspx

• darthblingbling
    Thanks for your help. Any advice on what module I should study first?
  • RosieJane
    I've gone for the two optional units first - Credit Control & Cash Management

I think I will transfer over to AQ2016 in September and as the units are standalone, I thought that would be the best approach.

If I were starting from the beginning, I would probably start with financial statements.
  • darthblingbling
    Guess I should study up on what carries over to AQ2016. Thanks
Privacy Policy