Payrise / Study Support

Options
Sadmelon
Sadmelon Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice really and what other people would do in this situation.

I have been working in accounts for the past three years and for my current company for the past year and a half as assistant accountant. Over the last three months 2 senior members of staff have left on maternity, another senior member of staff resigned suddenly and two new people have joined. One junior to me and one who is the new manager.

I have taken on a lot more senior responsibilities over the past few months as well as training new staff and have taken on a lot more work, due to junior staff not having the experience etc and also having to help my manager as she is fairly new to this business. I have informed my manager that i have a really high work load since i feel like i am having to do everything in the accounts department who is aware and appreciates how much work i am doing and says she is looking for another junior accounts assistant / Admin to help out etc.

I am also meant to be getting time off once a week to study for my last exams for AAT but have not been having time to do this due to so much work and having to train other people etc so have not sat any for the past 3 months..

Do you think it would be cheeky to sit down with my manager and ask for a pay rise? Or discuss them assisting with paying for the remaining exams i have left?

We do get an annual pay review which is in December which i did get in December last year. But since then my responsibilities have increased massively due to so many experienced members of staff leaving and have definitely took on a lot more work.

Comments

• CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Options
    In my experience, if you don't ask you don't get. Obviously be tactful and request a meeting in private, highlight extra responsibilities/workload since last pay review, the worst they can do is say no.
Privacy Policy