ACCA Study options as part of career change

Options
Merv79
Merv79 Registered Posts: 1
Hi,
I would like some guidance on the best route to take with my accountancy studies.

My Situation
36 years old.
I have just been advised that I am being made redundant at the end of October after 12 years in an Investment Bank, and I feel that this is a great opportunity for me to continue my Accountancy studies.

I completed AAT Levels 2, 3 and 4 in 2010-2012 but didn't start ACCA back then as it got very busy at work, plus I met my partner in 2012 so the studies were put on hold.

As part of redundancy I am going to be receiving 1 year's salary, and I want to take some time out and study fully time to get a number of ACCA exams under my belt. My plan would be to get the F4-F9 as quickly as possible then look for roles as a part qualified/Assistant accountant and continue my studies with a company (plus gaining experience). I do not have a degree so I want to do the Oxford Brooks Applied Accountancy degree also.

I feel the options are full time classroom study (the closest to me is Solent University in Southampton), or self study, or possibly a combination of both. Kaplan appears to have full time classroom based tuition which is 3 sessions totaling 20 hours.

I am in the process of investigating my options, but would really welcome some thoughts and experiences.

Many thanks
Privacy Policy