AAT Level 3 spreadsheet exam

Options
Hello every one ... I have AAT level 3 exam next month and I would like to know what version of MS Excel does AAT use for spreadsheet exam? Is it MS Excel 2007,2010 or 2013?

And where I can find more practice assessments other than the only one on AAT website?

I will appreciate your responses and thank you all..

Comments

• Loopster
    Loopster Registered Posts: 24
    Options
    With the Spreadsheet exam you just open which ever version of Excel you have on the computer. So if the computer you take the exam on has MS Excel 2010, you will do it in 2010.

With regard to more practice assessments, our tutor sorted us out with a few so can't help there unfortunately. But if you have the Osbourne tutorial spreadsheets book, if you can do everything in there you will be fine.
  • aat2016
    aat2016 Registered Posts: 8
    Options
    Loopster said:

With the Spreadsheet exam you just open which ever version of Excel you have on the computer. So if the computer you take the exam on has MS Excel 2010, you will do it in 2010.

With regard to more practice assessments, our tutor sorted us out with a few so can't help there unfortunately. But if you have the Osbourne tutorial spreadsheets book, if you can do everything in there you will be fine.

Thank you for these information. I do level 3 on my own as self study and I just go for exams. I have already passed Accounts Preparations and Final Accounts and booked the other four for the next month.

I found Indirect Tax and Costs and Revenue somehow easier than Spreadsheet and Professional Ethics, I think because there is no way to test myself on these two units, I have concerns that I may fail them!

I have practiced Spreadsheet on Excel 2007,2010 but I know nothing about 2013. I think it is different than the previous versions and may takes from me a lot of time to figures things out on the exam day. If you have done these units, I will appreciate if you give me some tips to ensure a pass in them.

thank you so much!
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    Options
    As has been said it will vary. The latest BPP book covered Excel 2007 and 2010, so it's more likely to be one of these two but you'll only know for sure by asking at the location where you plan to book the exam what Office version they use for AAT exams.
  • JoshJ1992
    JoshJ1992 Registered Posts: 75
    Options
    Excel 2013 is very similar to 2010, it has a few new features and some elements have been enhanced. Apart from looking a bit more modern, it is not that much different and as long as you have been practicing with a recent version of Excel, hopefully you will not encounter any problems.
Privacy Policy