Finance Co-ordinator Role - Closes 8th September 2016
Full Time Location: London, SW1E
Salary: Excellent Benefits and Competitive Salary
Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative body for the UK offshore oil and gas industry with offices in London and Aberdeen. It is a not-for-profit organisation, established in April 2007 but with a pedigree stretching back over 40 years. Its vision is to ensure that the UK Continental Shelf becomes the most attractive mature oil and gas province in the world with in which to do business. Its mission is to promote and serve members’ interests as the voice of the UK’s oil and gas industry.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the successful candidate will be required to undertake a range of duties including:
• Contribute towards all day to day accounting requirements of Oil & Gas UK and its subsidiaries as appropriate ensuring accuracy of all financial records and that financial controls, policies and procedures are followed.
• Manage the processing for sales, purchase and general ledger entries for the group as appropriate, preparing BACS payments and monthly bank reconciliations.
• Support the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reporting across the group and provide other meaningful management information as required for the Finance Manager, Leadership team and others.
• Ensure that all sales invoices are issued promptly and that debt-follow up is timely and effective to contribute to cash management requirements.
• Process all accounting entries in respect of commercial Income contributing to process efficiency efforts and interfacing effectively with other teams as required.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and experience in accounting. A flexible and proactive ‘can do’ attitude will be required and you will be a personable team player who can effectively communicate in a professional manner both internally and externally.
It is essential that you have strong organisational and IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications along with experience in a similar role. Use of QuickBooks and SAGE Line 50 accounting packages essential. A relevant qualification in accounting or book keeping to intermediate level is also required.
This is an exciting role in a high-profile organisation at the heart of one of the country’s most important industrial sectors. You must be able to demonstrate a keen interest in the industry, as well as the capacity to cope under pressure. In return for hard work and commitment, the organisation offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please apply by sending a detailed CV and a personal statement to the HR Manager at [email protected] . A full job description can be found at https://www.oilandgasuk.co.uk/careers.cfm
Due to the high volume of applications we will be unable to respond to each applicant. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 8th September 2016