Advice Needed Please - Level 4

Options
Jagjit
Jagjit Registered Posts: 2
Hi all,

I am currently studying AAT L4 and should be finished by August 2017. I would like to go into ACCA/CIMA/ACA afterwards and was wondering what the best options are for me. I am currently temping in a Finance Role and wanted to know what sort of permanent jobs would be suitable for me whilst studying the level 4 qualification? (PS. I'm 19 and have about 4 months experience in a Finance Role). Also, I have been offered a job processing invoices and credits. It is more ops than accounts in my opinion but should I take it?

Thanks In Advance,

Comments

• David Ballantyne
    David Ballantyne Registered Posts: 105 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Jagjit,

Well done on your progress through the AAT qualification so far. Keep it up!

Regarding the job, take it! It is absolutely essential that you get a start somewhere in the accounting industry so you can develop your practical experience. You may think that this is relatively junior work, but everyone has to start their practical experience at this level.

There are many people who have completed the AAT exams but have struggled to get a job in accounting. Believe me, take this opportunity while you can. After six months to a year doing this level of work, start looking for your next step up.

Also, don't hesitate to start a chartered level qualification once you have finished the AAT exams. You could be finished by your mid-twenties with the rest of what could be a great career ahead of you.

Best regards,

David.
    David Ballantyne
    Connect with me on LinkedIn!
    Ballantyne Accountants
  • Jagjit
    Jagjit Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you very much for the advice David!
Privacy Policy