AAT Level 3 (2013)>AAT Level 4 (2016)

Options
Heatherd
Heatherd Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hello All,

I'm currently studying at level 3 under the 2013 syllabus with 2 exams to go (1 in November, 1 in December).
I started in January, which my training provider allowed me to do, I just did my modules in a slightly different order to the usual one. This was good because it allowed me to start sooner and not wait for September but I did have to endure a change of people in the classes because most people started in September, and I found that a bit disconcerting.

Anyway, when I hopefully pass my final 2 exams, I'm looking to start my level 4 as soon as possible so I was looking to start in January 2017 but I would now probably need to start it on the 2016 syllabus and I know that there's a synoptic exam to take when you've completed all your modules, and my training provider only schedules these in July.
So I'm left with a bit of a dilemma. Do I:

1) Start in Jan 17 and try to get through all my modules (not sure if this would even be possible??) to do the synoptic exam in July 2017.

2) Start in Jan 17 but give myself 18 months to do all the modules before taking the synoptic exam in July 2018.

3) Start in September 2017 and go through the modules in the correct order with the same class, and do the synoptic in July 2018.

Does anybody have any advice as to how long (on average) level 4 takes to complete if you're working full-time in a stressful newish job and have a full home life providing care for a relative?

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Many Thanks,
H x

Comments

• georgeSO
    georgeSO Registered Posts: 9
    Options
    You only need to have done FSLC, MABU and MDCL to then do the synoptic assessment, as these are the only assessments that come up in it. This would make option 1 achievable with some hard work.
    You might find that your second option leaves too much time in between sitting the three core modules and the synoptic assessment, but this does depend on when in the 18 months these units are taught.
    I hope this helps, best of luck in your upcoming exams!
  • RosieJane
    RosieJane Registered Posts: 35
    Options
    I think you should got for option 1. As George said, you only have to do three units before tackling the synoptic. The optional modules can be done afterwards.

I started Level 4 in July and have completed 4 out of the 6 units on 2013 standards. This is with a full time job, a toddler at home and a very busy social life! I expect to be finished by January at the very latest and haven't been pushing it at all.
Privacy Policy