Options
2»

Comments

• Davidbyworth
    Davidbyworth Registered Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi

Good luck with the new client.

Researching software has taken most of my time also, hence the delay in sending the application. I am starting to lean to Sage but this is purely due to having more experience with this package. What are your thoughts on them?

Regards

David
  • Dieselberry
    Dieselberry Registered Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I also use Sage and have done for years. Although it is very expensive if you want to use it and have multiply companies.

Everyone I work for has their own copy. I have yet to come across a client who doesn't have their own software, although latest one has no payroll software, so I am looking into the option of Moneysoft.

I do like Sage and I am happy to use clients software as long as I am able. Will need to cross the alternative software bridge when the need arises.

Susan
  • Davidbyworth
    Options
    Hi

Still waiting to hear on the application...

You mention clients having own software that you are using which will be similar to me (if AAT licence me). Are they predominantly cloud based so that you can dial in remotely or are you spending much of time at client premises?

Thanks

Dave
  • Dieselberry
    Options
    Hi

I am using Sage Drive so can access from home, but at the minute I am spending most of my time at the clients premises. However I would expect this to change the more familiar I get with the different transactions. At the minute I have quite a lot of queries so it's better for me to be on the premises. Ideally I would like to pick up a few clients that only take a couple of hours a month where the work can be completed remotely. This type of client is proving more difficult to find.

However I am happy to carry on as I am at the minute as it is keeping me busy.

Hope you hear back re the application soon.

Regards
    Susan
  • Davidbyworth
    Options
    A quick turnaround from AAT and they have agreed my application subject to me providing a PII certificate.

Now the hard work begins I guess!!
  • Dieselberry
    Options
    Well done, good luck.

Susan
  • Davidbyworth
    Options
    So how is everything going with the practice?
  • Davidbyworth
    Options
    Hi

I was wondering how you were all getting on and if you were making any plans around MTD?
Privacy Policy