LEARNING SAGE

geek84
geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
Good Morning

I have used various versions of Sage (accounting software), but would need a quick refresher ! I was wondering if I need to understand a particular version thoroughly, or are all the versions fairly similar to each other?

The reason why I'm asking is some accounting roles require a candidate to have experience of a certain version of Sage?

Thanks

Comments

• Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Like most software company's they produce a range of accounting packages dependant on the size and type of business. Most businesses use Sage 50 which seems to be the common package but there is also 200 and 500.
    200 is for bigger company's who want to control stock items etc and 500 is an MRP system for manufacturing company's.
    I would say if you were to do a refresher then do 50 as this is the most common.
    Hope this helps.
  • geek84
    Thanks
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    And no the versions aren't at all similar to each other! (Other than Instant and Line50).
  • geek84
    So, you reckon I suit learn a variety of versions?
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You would need to look at the type of job you were looking at to make your decision.

if you were going to work in a small SME then you would need to look at Sage 50.

Retail (wholesale/Importers) would probably use 200 for its stock facility.

Manufacturing would use either 500 or SAP.
  • geek84
    Thanks Neillaw
Privacy Policy