Cloud software

Options
Hi

Could you please help me in understanding some questions I have in relation to cloud software

1) What is it you actually do? Is it a case of just over seeing what the client is doing with the transactions? You make any necessary alterations?

2) Who is responsible for year end adjustments? Depreciation, accruals etc?

3) Speaking of accruals and such, will the client key this as and when, or is this left to you?

4) Who has the responsibility for VAT, if relevant?

5) Who performs the bank reconciliations?

6) If the client doesn't want to use the cloud, doesn't want to do the bookkeeping, are you using VT/Sage instead to complete?

Thank you, I appreciate I've asked a fair few questions but I can really find the answers.

Comments

• TreadStone
    TreadStone Registered Posts: 280 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Just because it's cloud based doesn't mean anything will be any different to what arrangement you have using current software ?
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Agree with @TreadStone that it depends on what your letter of engagement specifies. For some clients I do all the above, so they are not usually on a cloud software. For others it's limited to year end / quarter end adjustments and review of entries. The benefit of the cloud is that I don't have to wait until year end to start looking at adjustments.
  • wills135
    wills135 Registered Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you.

So essentially there is no point in using the cloud if the client does not do their own bookkeeping.

When you mention year end and quarter end adjustments will the client for instance enter the invoice, for let's say electricity, followed by some form of note to inform you of what it is for?

Thanks
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    As others have said cloud based is not chaning much. It means that clients can undertake some more basic bookkeeping as they can be supervised.
    For us even if clients are paying us to do bookkeeping we still utilise cloud software where it has an advantage such as using bank feeds and coding rules.
    Regards,

Burg
  • wills135
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

I have an interview next week, having never worked in accounts I just want to be able to answer questions such like, "what do you know about cloud software."

I'm trying to cover a few scenarios at the minute.

I appreciate this is in the wrong section, but I figure you guys have the most exposure to the software.

Thanks
  • wills135
    Options
    Accounts Assistant
  • wills135
    Options
    In Practice.

Any tips?
  • wills135
    Options
    Thank you.

I take on board what you have said.

Maybe I've been trying to prepare too hard for the interview, it's just that positions, which require no experience, aren't easy to come by - well that's my observation.

Thanks.
Privacy Policy