Internal Auditor Job in Cannock/Staffordshire - Cannock Chase District Council £21,962-£24,964
RF546 - Auditor
Full Time Permanent
Grade and Salary
Grade F £21,962 - £24,964 per annum
37 Hours per week
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our dedicated in-house team of Internal Auditors.
Cannock Chase and Stafford Borough Council work together to deliver audit services under a shared service agreement. This post will be based at Cannock Chase Council but you will be required to also carry out some audit work at Stafford Borough Council.
You should have previous experience of working in an internal audit environment and an understanding of risk based internal auditing. Knowledge of Local Government or the wider Public Sector environment would also be an advantage to candidates for this role.
The post will require the successful candidate to have written communication skills sufficient to compose complex audit reports and memos. The role also requires interpersonal skills sufficient to deal sensitively with auditees and managers when making recommendations and agreeing action plans.
In addition the post will involve numeracy and analytical skills sufficient to undertake and check complex calculations. The postholder will also need to have basic knowledge of accounting and governance principles, practices and procedures along with knowledge of relevant legislation and standards.
We are looking for a self-motivated, flexible and organised person who can work as part of a small team and on their own with minimal supervision.
You will need to hold AAT Technician/Level 4, CIIA Certified Internal Auditor, CIPFA Professional Diploma or an equivalent qualification; you will also need to hold GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics. The ability to use Microsoft Office Packages including Word and Excel will be needed to carry out the role.
For an informal discussion contact Stephen Baddeley, Chief Internal Auditor on 01543 464415.
To apply follow the link
- All Categories
- 1.2K Books to buy and sell
- 2.3K General discussion
- 18.9K For AAT students
- 248 NEW! Qualifications 2022
- 138 General Qualifications 2022 discussion
- 8 AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- 33 AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- 59 AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
- 8.9K For accounting professionals
- 23 coronavirus (Covid-19)
- 274 VAT
- 92 Software
- 274 Tax
- 136 Bookkeeping
- 7.3K General accounting discussion
- 193 AAT member discussion (AATQB, MAAT, FMAAT and AAT Licensed Accountants and Bookkeepers)
- 3.8K For everyone
- 39 AAT news and announcements
- 352 Feedback for AAT
- 2.8K Chat and off-topic discussion
- 589 Job postings
- 17 Who can benefit from AAT?
- 36 Where can AAT take me?
- 44 Getting started with AAT
- 26 Finding an AAT training provider
- 48 Distance learning and other ways to study AAT
- 25 Apprenticeships
- 65 AAT membership