Level 3 Synoptic Exam

Options

Comments

• annvboys
    annvboys Registered Posts: 53
    Options
    Ellada - nobody from May exams will get results until week of 3rd July I don't think. Until then we know nothing!
  • annvboys
    Options
    Just want to let you all know that AAT have confirmed to me that it is 1 exam, not 2 and so the overall pass mark is 70%, which means that you do not need to achieve 70% in each section.

So if you get 100% in the synoptic you only need 25% in the spreadsheets. 100% in the spreadsheets leaves you needing 50% in the synoptic. (I think!)
  • AATBIKER
    AATBIKER Registered Posts: 10
    Options
    If it's one exam Wouldn't that mean if you get 100% in part 1 you don't need to get anything in part 2. ?
  • annvboys
    Options
    No because the 1st part is worth 60% of the paper. If you get 100% on it you have got 60% of the paper so you need 10% more. 10% on the spreadsheets which are worth 40% of the paper means you need to get 25% on that part.
  • AATBIKER
    Options
    Of course, when are they advertising that this is how it's being marked. We have always been lead to believe that we had to get 70% in both parts?
  • annvboys
    Options
    I promise! I quizzed them about it and this is what they said

I can confirm that students would need to achieve 70% of the whole assessment and not in each section.
  • JayKallee
    JayKallee Registered, Tutor Posts: 92
    Options
    AATBIKER said:

Of course, when are they advertising that this is how it's being marked. We have always been lead to believe that we had to get 70% in both parts?

It's one unit and its 70% overall, irrespective of how much you achieve in each section. This is how it was since the outset, if in doubt you should have contacted AAT.
  • salma1011
    salma1011 Registered Posts: 41
    Options
    Do you know when the level 3 synoptic results will be released? Is it next Friday 7th of July for everyone? Has anyone who have sat exam beginning of May received their results yet? Thank you
  • annvboys
    Options
    Pretty it is 7th July for everyone. Possible a day or 2 before but next week certainly. Good luck. I know I am sitting mine again!!
  • annvboys
    Options
    *Pretty sure that should say!
  • salma1011
    Options
    Me too I will have to resit as I could not do question 2:2 spreadsheets due to technical issues and only half of question 2:1. But AAT has confirmed (today) that they will release some results today but I don t think it will be Level 3 as they did not want to say more! May be level 4!
  • JayKallee
    Options
    salma1011 said:

Me too I will have to resit as I could not do question 2:2 spreadsheets due to technical issues and only half of question 2:1. But AAT has confirmed (today) that they will release some results today but I don t think it will be Level 3 as they did not want to say more! May be level 4!

That could be Level 2 results for those who took their exam on 22nd May

• Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    Options
    JayKallee said:

salma1011 said:

L4 results are due out today for exams w/e 21st May, any exams on 22nd May won't be due until next week.
  • JayKallee
    Options
    Irrorate said:

JayKallee said:

salma1011 said:

L4 results are due out today for exams w/e 21st May, any exams on 22nd May won't be due until next week.

Yes, you are right results for L2 who sat their exam on 22nd May is due next week, am just being optimistic since AAT does mention it could be earlier!

• salma1011
    Options
    Are we all supposed to get our Level 3 synoptic results this Friday? ( exam week 22-28 May 2017) Does anyone know if they will do something about the marking on the spreadsheets? Thanks
  • JayKallee
    edited July 2017
    Options
    salma1011 said:

Are we all supposed to get our Level 3 synoptic results this Friday? ( exam week 22-28 May 2017) Does anyone know if they will do something about the marking on the spreadsheets? Thanks

Yes this exam window results are due this week. AAT confirmed students affected by the technical issues will be given consideration.

• Hayleybubs
    Hayleybubs Registered Posts: 31
    Options
    I thought they were just offering free re-sits and a £50 inconvenience payment? Are they still considering adjusting results for those who had issues?
  • salma1011
    Options
    Thanks for the reply JayKallee. It is not very clear. AAT said: We assure you we have taken every step possible to make sure no students are disadvantaged. But what do they mean exactly, we don't really know.
  • Emilyxx
    Emilyxx Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    Do we know what time results are released tommorrow??
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    Options
    We waited until 6pm for our L4 results @Emilyxx so don't expect anything pre-noon.
  • JayKallee
    Options
    For your information, AAT Level 2 who took their exam on 22nd May got their results today.
  • Ellada
    Ellada Registered Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi guys, Im having my synoptic L3 next week. Please, can anyone tell if the synoptic exam very similar to AAT sample assessments? Have you had something you've never done before?
  • bolingbroke
    bolingbroke Registered Posts: 19
    Options
    Has anyone actually got their result for the May synoptics yet?
  • AATBIKER
    Options
    The level 4 results came out late on the Friday- I guess they plan on the office being shut before we can call in to complain!
  • jaseroberts777
    jaseroberts777 Registered Posts: 9
    Options
    Anyone else CONSTANTLY checking? Will AAT email us?
  • salma1011
    Options
    I have been told AAT results today between 3 pm to 6 pm.
  • jlp123
    jlp123 Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    Well, today is the day. I just hope the quietness from the AAT and the vagueness in response to emails is because they have either; changed the synoptic for the resits and next week. Or uplifted results for those who have been affected. I get the feeling that the latter will be unlikely.
  • jaseroberts777
    Options
    One member from my class has received his result this morning
  • annvboys
    Options
    did he pass?
  • jaseroberts777
    Options
    He did :)