Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Gem7321

DeanDean Experienced MentorDevonRegistered Posts: 646
Gem, if you ever visit these parts again, please check your inbox.

Regards

Dean

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9BeccaLouJ9 Experienced Mentor DevonFMAAT Posts: 1,022
    @Gem7321

(this might help Dean)
    Gem7321
  • DeanDean Experienced Mentor DevonRegistered Posts: 646
    Thank you - it's been a while since I've used these forums :)

Regards

Dean
    edited May 2017
    That seems to be a theme with the 'oldies' at the moment :( shame, but not the same on here anymore.

B
    Becca, I've just noticed you're Devon based?

Essentially, we are looking to bring someone else in and I was going to ask Gem if she would know of anyone that was currently looking for employment? I guess like all small practices, we're after a jack of all type person, someone willing to learn etc.

Regards

Dean
    I am indeedy, Devonshire born and bred! :)

What is the role? Where abouts in Devon? Would you want an apprentice-type to start at bottom, or someone with experience/quals? I will have a think if I know of anyone.

B
    Gem7321
  • Bmer82Bmer82 PlymouthFMAAT Posts: 69
    Quite a l of Devon activity here then I am also Devon based..
    I am Born and bred too (Torquay)!

The role, hmmm, great question! Anything and everything from PA, secretary, bookkeeper, Payroll clerk, accounts prep work, tax return work and of course, the coffee making skill must be second to none!

Devon; Torquay & Exeter - 95% Exeter.

We tried an apprentice-type person and it didn't go too well. I guess it's all down to the person so we wouldn't rule it out completely but experience preferable. Quals not essential, but of course, they at least show you can work a pencil!

Regards

Dean
    Okidoki, I'll have a think if I know anyone currently looking.

Good luck. :)

@Bmer82 we'll see you in League one next season then! :)

B
  • Bmer82Bmer82 PlymouthFMAAT Posts: 69
    aye that you will @BeccaLouJ9
    edited May 2017
    We all make the tea in our office! :)

In a small practice you have to all pitch in with the mundane, not just the exciting tax stuff! :)

B
  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,431

Nobody with self respect that can do accounts and tax work will act as the office skivvy.

Have you heard of modern times @Mickdundee ;)
    When I worked in a small practice even the boss would make the round of teas and coffees (not very often but still...)

Now I am my own boss I still have to do filing, bookkeeping, type my own emails and letters, buy office supplies, answer the phone and occasionally make myself a cuppa!
    BeccaLouJ9
  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,431
    Ouch.
  • Gem7321Gem7321 Experienced Mentor DevonMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,438
    Sorry @Dean I have only just seen this! Will check my mailbox now :)