Appealing for SYNOPTIC Level 4 results?

Options

Comments

• lannieloo
    lannieloo Registered Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi student, it's awful isn't it! What do you plan on doing? There really is something not right here!
  • student
    student Registered Posts: 44
    Options
    I believe it would be more effective if training providers,discuss the matter with the AAT based on the result achieved. since as an individual I can not represent all. although upgrading the result could be a remedy for us, I am more interested to know the reason if it has happened in the wide scale, but it is not within my responsibility.
  • lannieloo
    Options
    Do you not think the more appeals they receive the more they will look at it?
    I'm going to appeal personally and ask my tutor to complain.
    I need this resolving as it's distracting me from my studies!!
  • Mokshharesh782
    Mokshharesh782 Registered Posts: 22
    Options
    The another problem we have with Synoptic is we can only sit Synoptic on selected dates so if I do if in july than how i am gonna get my admission in University?

That will be wastage of time afterwards

Well we are hoping a positive reply from aat but I think we all must complain aat on monday ✌️

AAT is aware of results but I personally think if they cannot increase the percentage due to some law or anything than they should recheck the paper and give us mark for who have failed between 50%-69%
  • lannieloo
    Options
    i agree! I thought I could resit next week however because we only got results Friday there is no available slots to book! So I'll have to wait till July! If I don't pass then I'll have to put my acca back an entire year!!
  • lannieloo
    Options
  • SueFW
    SueFW Registered Posts: 84
    Options
    @lanniloo I haven't heard whether I can resit definitely on Thursday yet so there may be no slots for me unless it's just your training provider who doesn't have slots. I am still debating an appeal but I'm definitely going to stick a complaint in 1 mark short is so unfair x
  • lannieloo
    Options
    Don't worry Its just my college, as they only have one exam room.
    I have an awful feeling this weeks papers won't be as bad as otherwise it will cause uproar!
  • Yalda20
    Yalda20 Registered Posts: 77
    Options
    Guys,
    Sorry to hear about your exam results. It is really awful. I am sorry to say this but my college friends had taken some exams twice and both times they have got 69% they have appealed twice for both settings but AAT didn't change their marks. I really think that we should all complain as well as appealing for our marks. Thanks all.
  • Mokshharesh782
    Options
    Yeah that make some sense
  • SueFW
    Options
    My concern is if we all appeal that's a lot of revenue they will get and if they do not change our results they will then get more revenue for resits. Wouldn't we all be bettter complaining so they are so inundated with complaints they will have to review the whole exam like the MDCL I personally think they will not remark and increase personal results what does everyone else think?
  • Yalda20
    Yalda20 Registered Posts: 77
    Options
    I completely agree with you @sureFW
  • lannieloo
    Options
    Yes the more I think about it the more I agree. When we look at the decision and control mess up they didn't listen to the appeals but did listen to the complaints, I guess the more complaints the better to try and get something done!
    So just to confirm, we do this via customer support email?
  • lannieloo
    Options
    @SueFW what has been said on the Facebook group about it?
  • SueFW
    Options
    Someone posted they had failed and that their tutor told them the exam was being reviewed I really think that if everyone who failed complains it will stand us in good stead for a review
  • SueFW
    Options
    We need to complain to the Customer Support email address
  • lannieloo
    Options
    Fab! Let's do this!
  • SueFW
    Options
    Yes definitely I'm going to bang my complaint out in the morning hope everyone else does too!
  • Mokshharesh782
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am sorry and not trying to be against your opinion but when you make appeal they are supposed to take it seriously and appeals should always be treated in positive way. The person who make appeal should be treated in positive way and must not be punished because you are making appeal...
    and come on mate its not about they gonna make revenue because I think expense is time and pressure here
    And the more resits than it could create some revenue but its not a good idea with Synoptic
    Because they are mostly human marked and care should be taken while checking... Synoptic is time consuming

Who wants to appeal must appeal for our own view...

But complaining is a perfect idea because this is a worst result ever seen...

Hope this make sense guys and if i have been negative than I am sorry
  • SueFW
    Options
    @Mokshharesh782 I was merely suggesting to people that an appeal costs £30 and for the amount of students in this position AAT would be getting revenue from this, where in most cases they uphold the original mark. It is clear that rhere is a fundamental problem with this exam and it would be useless for everyone to pay £30 which may be hard for some when if we all complained they could review the exam as a whole rather than individually!
  • Mokshharesh782
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This make sense in more detail
    I agree
  • Mokshharesh782
    Options
    I took revenue as profit
  • lannieloo
    Options
    I'm doing both! :-) I understand £30 is a lot of money however is nothing to me compared to the stress this is causing! And I want to deliver the message twice. However I do think the complain procedure is more effective.
  • Mike Webster
    Mike Webster Registered, Tutor Posts: 203 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Could someone from AAT please review the comments on this post? Could this be the start of another MDCL type incident?
    Michael JH Webster AATQB FMAAT
  • SueFW
    Options
    I agree @lannieloo and thought I'd do the same however I'm a bit reluctant to pay when @Yalda20 posted that previous appeals had not changed the marks. We have no guarantee that they will change marks under the appeal process but I see your point x
  • lannieloo
    Options
    It does make you wonder why they have an appeals process?
    We all just want to sit a fair exam!
    My worry is how many people are going through this and won't speak out!
  • SueFW
    Options
    I agree however MDCL proves that they were inundated with complaints! I will suggest to the students in my group who failed put a complaint in.
  • lannieloo
    Options
    I think we all need to encourage this!
    The accountants where I work have a policy where if I fail 2 exams I can be dismissed! And they are in absolute disbelief that I got this mark compared to getting in the 90%'s in others! It's just not in line!
    What have they taught us about motivational achievable standards?? And what does unobtainable standards do to motivation??
    My other worry is that the 4 strongest in my class sat it... what chance do the rest of the class have? They are all traumatised by our results! It really is like decision and control all over again!
  • SueFW
    Options
    OMG @lannieloo I can't believe you could lose your job that is awful and yes I can totally understand why you would want to submit an appeal too! I really do hope that this can be resolved by AAT as I think we are all traumatised again by this, my nerves were shot to pieces after MDCL and now again I don't think I can take much more. After MDCL I ended up seeing my GP and taking medication which I am still taking over all this.
  • lannieloo
    Options
    Omg @SueFW that's awful!!!!! I dont think the AAT are aware the impact an unfair exam has on us, we work so hard and pay a fortune and are experimented on like guinea pigs! We just want a fair exam!
    My boss had said that if this was financial statements or a tax unit he would want me to revise the book again however when I showed him the practise assessments he said he didn't know how I could revise for those questions full stop. And when I left the exam in march I looked back through all my books and there was nothing in there which could have helped me with some questions! Or understand what the question was asking!! So I don't know where to revise from!
    I think a quick 10% increase is only fair! And if this has already been done then another 5% needs applying!!
Privacy Policy