Entry level accountancy/finance jobs?
Hello all! I am strongly considering enrolling on an AAT Level 2 course as I want a career change from a lab technician to an accountancy/finance related career. I am 24 years of age and have a degree in Zoology (2:1), so this would be a complete change for me and I have no experience of working in accountancy/finance but have a strong desire to do so for a number of reasons that I won't bore you with. I was just curious what types of entry level jobs are realistically attainable for people who have AAT level 2 (and a scientific background if that is even remotely relevant), as it is quite a daunting prospect when considering the competition from fresh, younger graduates with accountancy/finance degrees etc. The jobs that I have looked at in my area mostly require at least some sort of experience in an accountancy practice. All advice is welcome!
- All Categories
- 1.2K Books to buy and sell
- 2.3K General discussion
- 18.9K For AAT students
- 234 NEW! Qualifications 2022
- 133 General Qualifications 2022 discussion
- 7 AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- 31 AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- 55 AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
- 8.9K For accounting professionals
- 23 coronavirus (Covid-19)
- 272 VAT
- 91 Software
- 272 Tax
- 135 Bookkeeping
- 7.3K General accounting discussion
- 201 AAT member discussion (AATQB, MAAT, FMAAT and AAT Licensed Accountants and Bookkeepers)
- 3.8K For everyone
- 39 AAT news and announcements
- 352 Feedback for AAT
- 2.8K Chat and off-topic discussion
- 586 Job postings
- 17 Who can benefit from AAT?
- 36 Where can AAT take me?
- 44 Getting started with AAT
- 26 Finding an AAT training provider
- 47 Distance learning and other ways to study AAT
- 25 Apprenticeships
- 65 AAT membership