Recommendations for a Calculator

Hi

Not been here much
But thought I asked if anyone can help with the following:

I am currently studying the "Bookkeeping Transactions and Controls" at L2 (going all the way to L3 +L4)
Bought a cheap supermarket calculator, which didn't last long (not very accurate and broke now)
Currently, using my mobile phone as a calculator (have served me well, not studying Chapter 12 - last chapter :-)

1. Does the exam allow calculators?
2. If so, do they supply or I need to take one?
3. I like to buy a good calculator that will allowed me to use it all the way to my studying of L4
- Does anyone have any recommendations?

Many thanks
Wayne

Comments

• hal978
    hal978 Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    1. Generally yes, but must be non-programmable, non-printable, must not be part of a phone/personal organiser, must not emit sound, etc.
    2. No, you have to bring your own one
    3. I bought a Tesco Desktop and Pocket Calculator Set for about 8 pounds. It's quite good, as it's 12 digits.
  • Wayne2017
    Wayne2017 Registered Posts: 2
    hal978 said:

1. Generally yes, but must be non-programmable, non-printable, must not be part of a phone/personal organiser, must not emit sound, etc.
    2. No, you have to bring your own one
    3. I bought a Tesco Desktop and Pocket Calculator Set for about 8 pounds. It's quite good, as it's 12 digits.

Thanks =)

I never thought about 12 digits - all I thought about was a calculator that I can easily and quickly use for the exercises/exam
Privacy Policy