Accounting systems and control part is missing in the name of unit

Options
I have a question regarding our certificates. It seems that accounting systems and control part is not going to show in our transcripts Because on AAT results page it only says Professional Diploma Synoptics.

Should we raise this to AAT to include the accounting information systems and control part in our certificates before they are printed out?

Comments

• Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    Options
    That module is included as part of the synoptic so why would it show as a standalone? Same as how WEAF is included in L3 synoptic.
  • Irfan437
    Irfan437 Registered Posts: 11
    Options
    I have raised this issue through my college, things have really mixed up even AAT teachers don't know what is happening with synoptic, results are poor, motivation is absent due to ideal standards adapted in these synoptic assessment and you don't even know which part is going to be mentioned on your certificate and which one not..
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    No units are mentioned on the actual certificate, but they are listed on a separate statement of units. I don't think anyone really needs to see you unit statement.
  • Irfan437
    Options
    Name of units on your transcript matters especially when the employer doesn't know about the qualification then its only the names of units on your transcript which tells the employer what the course entails in it. Also for the higher education whether certification or academic degree exemptions are awarded on the basis units studied.
  • NeilH
    Options
    I have never had any employer/recruiter ask to see transcripts for any of my AAT qualifications or for my CIMA qualification, employers either recognise the qualification or they don't! If they do recognise it, they are already comfortable (formally or otherwise) with what the qualification entails. If they don't know what the qualification involves from their own research then they are a poor hirer. If they do genuinely need to know, then I would hope they would do more research, as a subject title on a document will not tell what is actually involved and anyone could rock up with a "certificate in accounting"!

If you need it for higher education purposes, it's because the institution in question needs to see what units you have completed (e.g. options). If they already recognise the qualification, then they will just need to see from your transcript that you have completed certain units, they wont care what the title actually says as they will already be conversant with the content of the qualification/units. If they don't already recognise the qualification, the transcript alone wont tell them anything other than you completing the units and they will have to refer to a full syllabus regardless.

In fact, they may be more interested in it saying "Synoptic", as that way they can see you have taken and passed a unit that covers a variety/combination of subjects and tasks.
  • Irfan437
    Options
    Thank you for your valuable comment. I have practically seen all these things after moving to UK no one even looked at my foreign qualification and experience because of not being familiar in the job market. This year when I decided to apply for master degree here in UK, university clearly have asked me to submit all my relevant transcripts to show that I have covered all the relevant subjects in my previous qualification and then I was offered admission in MSc finance and investment. Also back in 2009 when I applied for ACCA exemptions they asked me to send my transcripts then I was given exemption in five papers F1-F5 on the basis of my Master degree. UK National Recognition Information Centre (UKNARIC) also asked me to submit my transcripts to compare my qualification with equivalent UK degrees and certificates.. Use of transcript is limited but in government and in academic matters it is widely used..
  • NeilH
    Options
    I would suggest that the reason they wanted to see transcripts is possibly due to non-UK qualifications, as they won't be familiar with these.

If you hold an established and recognised qualification (such as AAT), they will simply need evidence that you have completed/passed the module, they won't be too concerned what the unit was called as they will already be familiar with it and will just want evidence that you have passed the module.
  • Irfan437
    Options
    Yes that makes more sense....
Privacy Policy