Studying AQ2013 failed ethics twice should i transfer over and do AQ2016 synoptic assessment

Options
Hi guys, just need some advice really i have failed AQ2013 PETH exam a couple of times now and struggle to remember all of the syllabus for the exam. Should i transfer across to AQ2016? Has anyone sat the AQ2016 synoptic exam and would you say it was hard? Also what sort of areas does it cover in the exam?

Comments

• Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    Options
    You have until 31st Dec 2017 to complete AQ2013 - do you think you could pass it in that time? Have you got any other exams other than PETH for L3?

L3 synoptic has been received terribly to the point that AAT have offered free resits and a £50 compensation and people still are hating it - take a read through the forums.

My advice would be to complete under AQ2013 - any quals carried over to AQ2016 are only carried over at the minimum 70% (I believe) meaning you'd have a lot of hard work if you wanted to pass with a merit or distinction.
  • cbuttery1991
    cbuttery1991 Registered Posts: 47
    Options
    I would absolutely not do AQA16 .. I have just sat the synoptic and it was horrendous!!
  • nheed
    nheed Registered Posts: 12
    Options
    Totally agree with cbuttery1991. Stick with AQ13. Sat synoptic last night, I had issues with the 2nd part, couldn't open excel, had difficulty switching between secure assess and excel. Horrendous exam, not looking forward to the resit if AAT haven't sorted the problems out.
  • cbuttery1991
    Options
    I had exactly the same problems! I have written to aat just in case!! Timing is absolutely ridiculous! So annoying that we don't get our results for six weeks so if we have failed we have to miss a year as we will enrol too late!!
  • nheed
    Options
    I know I have failed but have been told until it is marked I cannot resit, I won't be able to get into secure assess to do the assessment. I just want to get on with it and resit it, now I will have to continue to study and revise throughout the summer so I'm ready beginning of September.
  • cbuttery1991
    Options
    Is that the same for all colleges?
  • nheed
    Options
    Yes, AAT told me that this morning. Until it is marked you won't be able to access secure assess to do another exam.
  • Jeff
    Jeff Registered Posts: 11
    Options
    I sat my Synoptic on 23rd May, got my result on Friday 7th July with resit scheduled for Tuesday 11th July. Fortunately I passed, because as you say, what chance have you realistically got to prepare for a resit.
    I feel sorry for the guys doing the Synoptic this week, as you are now under the predicament of having to study over the summer to be ready to resit in September if need be.
    Most colleges, however, should allow you to enrol for the next year pending results.
    Good luck everyone
  • cbuttery1991
    Options
    So you were able to book a resit not knowing your result??
Privacy Policy