Level 4 Synoptic crashed and no reply from AAT.

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their level 4 synoptic exam crashing and if you've had a reply yet from AAT about it to say what will happen? I'm really upset and frustrated beyond belief as it happened to most of our class with only 6 out of 20+ of us actually getting to finish the exam without this happening to the rest of us at different intervals.

I had half an hour left to go, I thought I was making good progress but the last half an hour I'd planned to go back to0 page 4 & 6 ( the ones I found hardest to write about) where I could have gained more points and made adjustments on what I'd already written. I feel completely robbed of my chance to take the exam and do it properly. Others feel the same too! I emailed AAT 2 weeks ago and heard nothing back! Even our tutor is embarassed that there is no news. This can't be a college thing as I've heard SO many stories of it happening all over the country! Our tutor sent in the error report with a special consideration marked against it and heard nothing back herself. All I hear is AAT being more interested in students paying for renewal fees, rather than helping those who need it! I'm pretty furious and can't wait for this nightmare to be over. I've invested the last 2 years of my life working hard to complete this... and now with no idea when the end is in sight!

I also planned to start ACCA in December, which if what I've heard is correct and we may have to retake the exam, but won't be able to until late September, that means we won't get our results until November! Then I have to apply for exemptions, register, sort student loan etc etc... my chances of starting in December are completely trashed because of AAT and the exam and their lack of effort in sorting this huge mess out!

Comments

• AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    I've personally not heard a lot in relation to technical issues during the Level 4 Synoptic, I know the Level 3 was riddled with issues! If it is a widespread issue, it's likely they may resolve it in the same way they did with Level 3 which was a free resit and £50 as compensation. Although the issues with Level 4 Synoptic have been related to the content of the exam and not it crashing. It's difficult to ascertain with technical issues as to who is at fault. I had an issue in a previous exam where my exam froze, I could not move between tasks or complete the exam. AAT argued that it simply wasn't their problem and it was the college's, no consideration was given at all. After sitting my Level 4 exam, I sent a complaint as I was unhappy with the exam, it took 3 weeks to receive any form of response at all, which was just to say they were looking into it. With all ongoing issues, responses to any kind of email are taking ages, I've been waiting for a week regarding fees. You may be better trying to ring and ensure all information is given.
Privacy Policy