AAT level 3 AQ 2016 or 2013?
Right, so I have been doing AAT level 3 AQ 2016 for the past 8 months and all the exams apart from the synoptic, as everyone can guess, were great. I am able to do AQ 2013 specification as I did level 2 last year, however I did AQ 2016 as the college that I am studying at chose to do AQ 2016 in order to accommodate new students. Just like for everyone else who took the synoptic exam it seems, it went terrible. I actually lost 20 minutes in my spreadsheet exam due to the exam not letting me access excel and then when I did get into excel it played up and therefore I am not expecting a pass. My question is this, should I spend a two weeks doing the AQ 2013 exams in order to pass level 3 in order to go onto level 4? I know I can pass them all as I still remember all the material and use it daily in work, in addition to this having looked at the spreadsheet practice exams for AQ 2013, which you get 2 hrs 30mins, 15 mins reading time of a the printed booklet with the questions, plus 1 hour for any possible delays such as printer queues or uploading problems, which sounds a breeze! It just seems to be easier to pass AQ 2013 and I'm wondering if I'm crazy for wanting to do this? Any advice please would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- All Categories
- 1.2K Books to buy and sell
- 2.3K General discussion
- 18.9K For AAT students
- 234 NEW! Qualifications 2022
- 133 General Qualifications 2022 discussion
- 7 AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- 31 AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- 55 AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
- 8.9K For accounting professionals
- 23 coronavirus (Covid-19)
- 272 VAT
- 91 Software
- 272 Tax
- 135 Bookkeeping
- 7.3K General accounting discussion
- 201 AAT member discussion (AATQB, MAAT, FMAAT and AAT Licensed Accountants and Bookkeepers)
- 3.8K For everyone
- 39 AAT news and announcements
- 352 Feedback for AAT
- 2.8K Chat and off-topic discussion
- 586 Job postings
- 17 Who can benefit from AAT?
- 36 Where can AAT take me?
- 44 Getting started with AAT
- 26 Finding an AAT training provider
- 47 Distance learning and other ways to study AAT
- 25 Apprenticeships
- 65 AAT membership