Sage Exam - Reports

Lisa51883Lisa51883 East YorkshireRegistered Posts: 3
I have recently taken my Sage exam. I am now worried that I haven't uploaded the correct reports due to my training provider not actually helping us to choose which reports we were supposed to use.

It wasn't until yesterday I had a look at some answers on a mock exam I realised I should have used 'Supplier/Customer Activity' reports but I used 'Aged Debtor and Creditors Detailed' reports.

I also made an error in a customer account code as well as not screen shotting the reconciled transactions (I did the screen shot, only I did it before I clicked match!) This is worrying me too.

Does anybody know how likely I am to fail based on the above errors?

Answers

  • DannyT90DannyT90 Registered Posts: 87
    I am also worrying about the reconciled screen shot as the question asks to add any transactions on the bank statement. Then screen shot the reconciliation screen then reconcile.

    I've screen shot before I've matched the items, so I am too worried about this. Even though it reconciled and shows on the audit trail.

    Have you got your results back?
    JayKallee
  • JayKalleeJayKallee Registered, Tutor Posts: 92
    edited September 2017
    DannyT90 - It should not be a problem. The assessors would normally check your audit report to mark the reconciled items.
  • DannyT90DannyT90 Registered Posts: 87
    I was going to say because the information is the same as if I'd reconciled then screen shot, only difference is the ending balancing at the bottom.
  • JayKalleeJayKallee Registered, Tutor Posts: 92
    DannyT90 said:

    I was going to say because the information is the same as if I'd reconciled then screen shot, only difference is the ending balancing at the bottom.

    I see your point, I used to assess this paper. It would have made more sense to ask for a screenshot after reconciling. As I said the audit report was used to mark the bank rec task. I would not worry, you should get your marks.
  • DannyT90DannyT90 Registered Posts: 87
    It says that in the Osborne practice tests, about screen shotting once everything has been reconciled. But in the exam this morning it asks for a screen shot of the reconciliation screen, then reconcile and if it doesn't reconcile then make any changes needed.

    So not sure if I've read it wrong.
  • JayKalleeJayKallee Registered, Tutor Posts: 92
    Lisa51883 said:

    I have recently taken my Sage exam. I am now worried that I haven't uploaded the correct reports due to my training provider not actually helping us to choose which reports we were supposed to use.

    It wasn't until yesterday I had a look at some answers on a mock exam I realised I should have used 'Supplier/Customer Activity' reports but I used 'Aged Debtor and Creditors Detailed' reports.

    I also made an error in a customer account code as well as not screen shotting the reconciled transactions (I did the screen shot, only I did it before I clicked match!) This is worrying me too.

    Does anybody know how likely I am to fail based on the above errors?

    It's difficult to answer since it depends how you have worked on the other tasks.
  • JayKalleeJayKallee Registered, Tutor Posts: 92
    DannyT90 said:

    It says that in the Osborne practice tests, about screen shotting once everything has been reconciled. But in the exam this morning it asks for a screen shot of the reconciliation screen, then reconcile and if it doesn't reconcile then make any changes needed.

    So not sure if I've read it wrong.

    You seem to have followed the correct instructions in the exam so you should not worry.
  • Lisa51883Lisa51883 East YorkshireRegistered Posts: 3
    Thanks for your comments, i feel better about it already.
    Haven't had my results yet, due to get them 25th September so I will post to let you know. ☺
    JayKallee
  • Lisa51883Lisa51883 East YorkshireRegistered Posts: 3
    Had my exam results today and passed with 85% so my small errors didn't fail me!
  • DannyT90DannyT90 Registered Posts: 87
    Well done. How long did you wait for your results?
  • MekeleleMekelele Bristol Registered Posts: 3
    Hi All, just a quick question... I am about to retake my Sage exam and I am afraid that I will fail again!
    On the AAT website, where you can find Mock exams, you are asked to set up a business with the start date for example, on the 1st of June but when asked to create opening balances on the 1st of June, you are not able to do so as the system allows you to use only 31st of May...I believe because of that, all my opening balances were dated 31st of May and when asked to create Creditor Activity report for June only, I wasn't able to proof that I've done the task with creating opening balances.

    To be honest, I cant really understand why I failed my exam if not because of that. All tasks seem simple but somehow I am more confused than ever.

    One more thing, when you are asked to process petty cash vouchers you need to do that in Cash account not in the Bank. Am I right? I had that bit incorrect for some reason to...

    Thanks for your help!
Sign In or Register to comment.