ACCA F7 or F4?

Turbo_Dave
Turbo_Dave Registered Posts: 23
Hi everyone,

I am just after a bit of advice.

I've just started on ACCA and have two exams left with AAT which are business tax and financial performance.

My head lecturer said it would be best for me to start on F7 as I have already covered some of it with AAT but I was thinking maybe it would be best if I started at F4 because I've got my AAT exams in September and October then I'll have my ACCA exam in December.

What do you think? Do you think I should stick with F7 or do F4 instead?

I've already had two lectures for F7 and haven't had anything for F4.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• ChrisJ30
    ChrisJ30 Registered Posts: 93 New contributor 🐸
    I have just become an ACCA student and have just started studying F4. It's quite wordy but believe I can take this on demand. I am aiming to finish the F papers by studying F7 last because it follows on to P2 nicely.

That's just my opinion :)
  • Turbo_Dave
    Turbo_Dave Registered Posts: 23
    > @ChrisJ30 said:
    > I have just become an ACCA student and have just started studying F4. It's quite wordy but believe I can take this on demand. I am aiming to finish the F papers by studying F7 last because it follows on to P2 nicely.
    >
    > That's just my opinion :)

Hi Chris thank you for your help. I think I'm going to stick with F7. I know that it's probably trickier than F4 but I really enjoyed AAT Financial Statements.
  • Hahmed
    Hahmed Registered Posts: 27
    > @Turbo_Dave said:
    > > @ChrisJ30 said:
    > > I have just become an ACCA student and have just started studying F4. It's quite wordy but believe I can take this on demand. I am aiming to finish the F papers by studying F7 last because it follows on to P2 nicely.
    > >
    > > That's just my opinion :)
    >
    > Hi Chris thank you for your help. I think I'm going to stick with F7. I know that it's probably trickier than F4 but I really enjoyed AAT Financial Statements.
    >
    >

I would suggest that you stick with f7 as it is fresh in your head, once you pass f7 then progress onto p2 kind regards

Hasan MAAT AATQB
  • Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I agree with Hahmed. I started with F7 after doing personal and business tax at AAT. It made the exam seem rather easy compared to some of the others I have done.

F4 is exactly as Chris says, bloody wordy and not related to anything you have done so far.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • Hahmed
    Hahmed Registered Posts: 27
    Yes Clint you know how we do hahah
Privacy Policy