Advice - 2 year break and switch from 2013 to 2016 standards

Options
John_Clyne
John_Clyne Registered Posts: 26
Hi everyone,

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have had 20 months off studying and will be taking the jump from Level 3 to Level 4.

I did very well with level 3 (confident i achieved 95+% on each unit).

However, I am wondering how people found the transition from level 3 to 4 and if they encountered any problems with the new syllabus.

Comments

• MGershon
    MGershon Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi John
    I also had a gap in my studies. I did my level 2 back in 2013. I was working after that then I did my level 3 in September 2017. Now I'm going on to do my level 4.
    I think it depends what you're doing for work. I worked in finance so my brain was still connected to the field all the time. Although I have to admit the final exam of synoptic was a tough one. There were so many technical problems and even though I passed first time i felt I had to resist to keep my distinction grade.
    I'd suggest carrying on in one go and get it out of the way. It's better that way. But on the other hand if it can't be helped then perhaps working in finance will help you stay tuned.
    I hope my answer helps a bit.
  • kaymay1507
    kaymay1507 Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    Im doing the same! Done my level 3 on aq2013 in 2013 and now on 2016 syllabus. Just taken budgeting exam (still awaiting results) and finding it alot tougher due to not remembering much from level 3! I also work in practice so thought I may find it easier because of this but nope! :#=)
  • Uyanga
    Uyanga Registered Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all, I just wanted to share my experience with level 4! I passed all my exams with flying colours with 2&3 level exams. However level 4 was much tougher and I had to resist couple of exams! So stay focused on level 4!
Privacy Policy