Poor advert for AAT ?

TreadStone
TreadStone Registered Posts: 280 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
edited November 2017 in AAT member discussion
From a thread on AWEB, is this what promoting professional services has come to ?

My 13yr old has far better literary skills...

:s

https://www.attilioaccounting.com/

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Hmm yes. In the age of spell and grammar check this is not acceptable.
    The questions asked are also worrying for someone offering services to the public. I don't mind someone double checking they have their deadlines right but a minimal research on the .gov website would have returned the answers.
  • TreadStone
    Are they even a member. Could they just be using the AAT logo ???

Who knows....
  • mskaat
    mskaat Registered Posts: 53
    edited November 2017
    Bad side: (1)Spelling and grammar errors. (2)No contact address. (3)No reference to AAT licence number. (4) No name for principals.
    Good side: (1)Telephone. (2)Email.
    Verdict: Irrespective of thread on AWEB, it is not only a poor advert but could lead to something very bad. AAT should take a proactive role in this to save the reputation of the professional body(AAT), the profession(accountancy) and its members.
    MAAT
  • MarieNoelle

Qualified in 2007, not on the members directory.

How do you know the year they qualified? does it say somewhere on the website?
  • MarieNoelle
    Do you work for MI5? or did you actually call them? ;-)
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 ๐Ÿค– Admin ๐Ÿค–
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It's really useful for our community to share concerns like this with us so we can investigate accordingly, which we are now doing.
  • SpreadSheetCPA
    SpreadSheetCPA Registered Posts: 2
    Oh dear.

• AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 ๐Ÿค– Admin ๐Ÿค–
    I can confirm that the person behind Atillo Accounting is not a licensed member of AAT.
  • mskaat
    edited November 2017
    It is not fair to members of AAT and the accountancy profession for advert like this to be openly and actively promoted in the name of AAT and endorsed by HMRC (assuming they are registered for AML supervision).
    MAAT
  • TreadStone
    edited November 2017
    mskaat said:

It is not fair to members of AAT and the accountancy profession for advert like this to be openly and actively promoted and endorsed by HMRC (assuming they are registered for AML supervision).

How are they actively promoted and endorsed by HMRC ?
  • mskaat
    edited November 2017

mskaat said:

It is not fair to members of AAT and the accountancy profession for advert like this to be openly and actively promoted and endorsed by HMRC (assuming they are registered for AML supervision).

How are they actively promoted and endorsed by HMRC ?
    I can only assume they are supervised by HMRC for AML since that is what most people not registered with a professional body do and the website advert suggests active promotion in the name of AAT.
    MAAT
  • MarieNoelle

> @AAT_Team said:

> I can confirm that the person behind Atillo Accounting is not a licensed member of AAT.

If theyโ€™re not a licensed member, are they a member? They claim to have passed the exams.

I trust that if they are a member, who doesnโ€™t hold a licence while engaging in public practice, that they will shortly be subject to disciplinary proceedings?

My favourite section of the AAT magazine! ;)
  • MarieNoelle

> The only bit which is remotely interesting.

The latest edition ran over two pages - very exciting!
  • TreadStone

The dentist over the road has pulled less teeth today.

I would have liked your post "Mick" but I don't seem to be able to. I can only flag or quote....
  • MarieNoelle
    in doubt just flag him - he is used to it.
  • mskaat

The dentist over the road has pulled less teeth today.

Pulling out the bad teeth should be the last resort after other options had been exhausted, may be treating or correcting the bad teeth would do as a first option. An advise to the dentist over the road.
    MAAT
Privacy Policy