Would it be really worth studying AAT foundation course?

Options
Ram
Ram Registered Posts: 1
Hello,

I am 31 and working as an office manager. I would like to extend my carrier so I decided to stay an accounting.

As I only have a very small experience in accounting so I thought AAT is a good answer to start – I was going to study AAT level 3(advanced) but one of advisors at BPP said that it would be better if I take Level 2 – bookkeeping course first which are Bookkeeping transactions and control.

I am a bit regret that I should just have started Level 3 as it feels like I am wasting money and time. Now I am thinking maybe I should finish Level 2 as I have already started and it is not too hard and go to ACCA course.

To be honest I would like to start ACCA now but I have already paid for AAT membership and 1 course which I just finished – maybe I should finish Level 2 …….

Can anyone please kindly advise me what is the best for me to do? Keep studying AAT Level 2 and go to ACCA course or just go to AAT level 3 and ACCA course?

Does AAT level 2 really mean something in a real field? I am not so sure …….

Thanks.
Ram

Comments

• Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Ram,

No easy answer to this. I would only say that AAT is a nice bridge to ACCA. You could start ACCA immediately if you already know enough of the basics.

Same logic applies to level 2 or level 3 question. How much do you already know?
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
Privacy Policy