Work experience from home

Unfortunately I've been hit hard with a long term illness , and I'm studying atm and want to continue as much as I can and get as high as I can while I'm like this .
Is it possible to get some work experience but work from home? On a voluntary basis of course

Comments

• KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    Yes, you can offer to do the books for any sole traders you know on a voluntary basis, or a local church or youth group (who always need treasurers to do their books).

Obviously once you've done their bookkeeping, they'd need to go to an accountant to actually get their yearly accounts drawn up, but you can get some experience out of the first part at least. :)
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • RebekahB
    RebekahB Registered Posts: 35
    @KoopaCooper thank you for your reply, unfortunately I don't actually know any sole traders however there are quite a few churches etc around me area. Will I have to wait until once I'm level 2 qualified? You think they would let me do everything over the phone and electronically? I'm hoping my situation won't be longer than 5 years so once I'm better I can get back into the world of employment and be quite far along in my studies
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    @RebekahB - churches and youth groups are generally the way to go, I would say.

As a Scout Leader, I know there are always Scout groups continually crying out for someone to be their treasurer. Youth groups, and other charities, have to have someone do their books by law, but getting people to sit on Executive Committees as treasurer is always a very difficult thing (people don't want to volunteer for stuff that takes up their time).

They'd probably be delighted to send everything to you electronically, or by post, heck they might even drop it round through the letter box on a regular basis so long as it gets done. :)

Just ask around and hopefully you'll find one or more that would be happy to let you do their books on a volunteer basis, and perhaps more down the track.

Best of luck! (with your volunteering, with your studies, and most importantly - with your health! ^^)
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • RebekahB
    RebekahB Registered Posts: 35
    @KoopaCooper thank you so much for your help and advice, you've made me feel allot better about the situation now
Privacy Policy