Umbrella CIS and self employment

I have a client who is a self employed, and for the last few months he has been paid through Umbrella Companies. The first one is treating him as an Employee, they deduct PAYE and NIC and the second one is providing him with payslips but they deduct CIS no PAYE and NIC.
How do I declare this on his SA Tax return- Employment with the first one and self employed for the second company.
Sorry, this Umbrella company accounting is new to me and I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.
Many thanks


  • CSan89CSan89 WiltshireMAAT Posts: 175
    If he is employed he should get a P60 from the first company. You treat the second as you would any self employed person.
  • anna04anna04 Registered Posts: 2
    I will do that.
    Thank you
  • CSan89CSan89 WiltshireMAAT Posts: 175
    Also if this arrangement has only been happening for a few months then it wouldnt be for his 2016/17 Tax return. It would be for his 2017/18 return.
Sign In or Register to comment.