Mock exam CBT1 @Task 7 box 9 - rounding?

Kamsenfield
Kamsenfield Registered Posts: 1
Hi got my exam tomorrow (14.02.2018) so might be to late to ask this but if anyone sees it soon and can help i'd most appreciate it
Just reviewing my answers and not sure why my rounding is incorrect.
The Purchases day book EU acquisitions shows as £36,784.65 so i rounded this to £36,785 (whole £s) in the box, but the answers say it should be £36,784. I thought I was only rounding down on VAT not on anything else?

Thanks

Comments

• Nicola_
    Nicola_ Registered Posts: 1
    I have the same question and still no explanation. I have my exam tomorrow and I just hope I won't have a problem with this. I hope your exam went well.
  • JustTrue
    JustTrue Registered Posts: 1

Hi got my exam tomorrow (14.02.2018) so might be to late to ask this but if anyone sees it soon and can help i'd most appreciate it
    Just reviewing my answers and not sure why my rounding is incorrect.
    The Purchases day book EU acquisitions shows as £36,784.65 so i rounded this to £36,785 (whole £s) in the box, but the answers say it should be £36,784. I thought I was only rounding down on VAT not on anything else?

Thanks

When working with the EU acquisitions whether that is the purchase day book or sales, you don't round however when (for example:) balancing a trial balance, you should round. Hope i'm not too late
Privacy Policy