Practice vs industry salaries

stu678
stu678 Registered Posts: 6
Where are salaries higher?
Which is a preferred career path if you were given the opportunity to go into either? Many thanks

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I am currently doing Level 4, I want to study either CIMA or ACCA afterwards and gain work experience - currently I work as Finance Assistant, after I have relevant experience of working in the industry (around 10 years I would say would be sufficient) I would like to go as Self-Employed.

Salaries are very dependant, it depends what area you live in, as of course for example in London you will get paid more than for example where I live in Devon. Depends what type of post you are in, the company you work for. Again regarding Self-Employment, it depends where you are, the higher city/town population the more clients you can have, but you need to bare in mind there is bigger competition and etc.

I hope this helps.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Salaries vary. Generally they are higher in industry unless you look towards the top then it varies.

As for choice. for me it was based on the type of work. I prefer the more every changing world of practice. I'm happy with my role and salary.
    Regards,

Burg
  • David Ballantyne
    David Ballantyne Registered Posts: 105 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Stu,

This link to an article in Accountancy Age might be of interest. It essentially confirms Burg's comment.

Accountancy Age Salary Survey

Kind regards,

David.
    David Ballantyne
    Connect with me on LinkedIn!
    Ballantyne Accountants
Privacy Policy