Home For AAT student members AQ 2016 Foundation Certificate in accounting Bookkeeping Controls


jennykirujennykiru Registered Posts: 3

I am currently working as a part time bookkeeper. I have received a another bookkeeping job for few hours a week. However they want me to do this as a self employed bookkeeper. How do I register? It is only for under 10 hours a week?


  • NorvydasNorvydas DevonMAAT Posts: 268
    edited April 2018
    Dear Jennykiru,

    To register as self-employed simply write Self-Employed registration HMRC in google, you will be put through to hmrc website where you can register as Self-Employed. You will receive your UTR number anywhere from 1week to 6 weeks. UTR - Unique Tax Payer Reference Number. You will have your own personal business account with HMRC, through that account you will be able to file your self employment returns and etc.
    Kind Regards,

    Norvydas Valavicius.
  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,433

    Are you a licensed bookkeeper with AAT?
    If not you may be required to apply for a licence. Also you may have to hold professional indemnity insurance and register for money laundering.
  • Beki100Beki100 AAT Student, AATQB, AAT Licensed Bookkeeper Posts: 8
    How are you getting on with your quest to register self employed. I have recently started up self employed myself and still ironing out all the cracks.
Sign In or Register to comment.