Accounting Technician magazine

Options
Adele69
Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
It seems like ages since I've seen a physical copy of the bi-monthly magazine, maybe since completing L4 at the end of Dec 2017. Is it only available to students, gone digital only or something?

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    edited May 2018
    Options
    No I've had one in the last week or so and regularly before that. I'm FMAAT and have been a member (including student) for around 10 years. I don't recall any gaps.

You could try contacting the AAT to check something hasn't gone wrong with your address. I do know they were trying to do something with having two magazines, one for students and one for members. Maybe you have been lost in transition.
    Regards,

Burg
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 503 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Options
    @Adele69 If you are an AAT Affilliate you have access to the 20 magazine online.
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks. Though this has actually raised more questions. Is '20 magazine' a rebrand of 'Accounting Technician', just skimmed the first issue editorial and sounds like it is, or a separate one aimed at AAT students? Is it now only available online? Did I miss some mention of this in an earlier edition?

For a number of reasons, the main ones being: lack of line management where I work, my role as more financial/application support (previously Oracle, now Unit 4) I feel unable to apply for MAAT status, at least in my current role/employer.
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 503 🤖 Admin 🤖
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Adele69 At the beginning of the year we split Accounting Technician into two different magazines. 20 is indeed aimed at students and AT magazine for professional members.

Which one you have access to depends on your AAT membership status. You should have received a newsletter in December with the details but you can read about the two magazines on our website too.

I wouldn't hold back on applying for MAAT. If you don't get it you've lost nothing and we will give you feedback on what areas you need more experience in. That could potentially give you something to show your employer in order to get you the experience / role you need- or to help you move into a different role elsewhere.

Feel free to get in touch and discuss your career with our dedicated teams. customersupport@aat.org.uk We are here to support you at every step of the way :-)
Privacy Policy