Moving onto level 3 advanced

Hollycowley_28
Hollycowley_28 Registered Posts: 31
I am doing a apprenticeship as a distance learner and am waiting for my results back from my Aat level 2 synoptic. My boss has been discussing with me moving onto level 3, and asked me if I would want to stay as a distance learner or go to college for a day? Please can anyone help me and recommend me on what they have done, or what they think may be the best option? My boss and manager both are charted accountants so always help me whenever I am struggling on anything.

Comments

• gemma89
    gemma89 Registered Posts: 43
    The problem with the college would be going at their speed so it may only take you 6 months or whatever to complete level 3 but with college that would need to take you 12 months as you have to wait for other learners etc.
  • Hollycowley_28
    Hollycowley_28 Registered Posts: 31
    gemma89 said:

The problem with the college would be going at their speed so it may only take you 6 months or whatever to complete level 3 but with college that would need to take you 12 months as you have to wait for other learners etc.

Thanks Gemma, I have chose to go as a distance learner as I completely agree.
    Thank you.
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Good choice! It took me 6 months to finish L3 online, where it would of taken me 12 months in college.. I am on L4 now started in April and I've got synoptic booked in for 16th August, where if I would of been college I still probably would be preparing for my 1st exam...

Also think about money you save! College wanted to charge me £2k for L3, online I paid £600. L4 college would of charged me £3.5k-£4k, online I paid £700...
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
Privacy Policy