Property income

dicko182 Registered Posts: 7
For 2016/17 tax year if someone rents out a room for £450 a month and the lodger also pays £100 per month towards heating and electric is this still all tax free and doesn’t go on a SA? Or is the £100 taxable income?
Tony Dickinson MAAT


  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Moderator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,369
    I would say all receipts are exempt as covered by the £7,500 limit.
Privacy Policy