Self assessment

Temi233Temi233 Registered Posts: 1
Hello, am helping a family member with self assessment return she hasn't filed all her return since 2013, even the year that was filed was not paid. Now HMRC is chasing her to pay £7690 98% of this amount is penalty, they are also threaten to revoke her Non Resident Landlord number (NRL). Her case had been transferred to HMRC department of depth collector However, she had been sending paper filling and there is no details of her filling online so we can not view what she had filed. Please can anyone tell me how to deal with this issue
Flag · Like Vote Up LOL ·
Share on Google+


  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,443

    I would recommend your relative speaks to a local accountant. It seems that HMRC do not have records of her filing paper returns for the period and someone experienced may be able to help and appeal some of the penalties.
Sign In or Register to comment.