How to find an accounting job with no experience?

Lbe
Lbe Registered Posts: 1
Hi
I've completed Level 3 last summer and now studyind Level 4. I don't work in accountancy but applying I'm for a jobs and nothing...
Can anyone advise me what should I do to get into accounting practice?
Thanks x

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi @Lbe

Are you specifically looking to get into practise? If so then firstly you need to look for trainee positions. Not many firms will employ you without experience, saying this from my own experience. Look for jobs in finance as general. I got job in finance after 3 months of starting Level 2, now im at my last stages of Level 4 and managed to get a job as Accounts & Tax assistant in a large compang.

I will be honest, it was difficult to look for a job as everyone wants you to have experience, however there will be that one company who will be willing to train you! Don't give up, keep applying and you will get lucky! Most importantly don't give up!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
  • LeapyUK
    LeapyUK Registered Posts: 34
    I applied for volunteer work which could also be a good step into the world of experience in Finance and Accounting. I have yet to commence, should be within a few weeks as I have been accepted.

You could try getting in contact with local Credit Unions and ask if they need a few hours a week spare of volunteer work, as this will look good on your CV and will also give you experience.

Other than that, still apply around to get into temporary or Fixed Term Contract (could end up permanent) roles and see how you go.

Good luck in your search.
Privacy Policy