PDSY TOPICS TO REVISE

Options
Hi everyone, i am due to re-take my PDSY exam next week and was wondering if anyone had any advise on the main areas i should revise? or any help at all would be appreciated regarding revision.

also, i know that ratios are an obvious revision are but i seem to remember having to revise the break even calculations is this correct as i cannot remember and i cannot find it in my revision kit

thank you in advance
Lucy

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi @lucylubyloo89 ,in regards of revision and tips, search through forum and you will find all the tips you need as this topic has bees discussed a lot recently.

In regards of brake even, this I believe comes under Management Accounting and I don't think you will get asked about this in ratio section. Ratio section is purely about the ratios you learned in Financial Statements?
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • A_Khan
    A_Khan Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    I did my exam today but found that a lot of people previously had failed due to not refering to the preseen material. Try to link in parts to the company and material given.
  • aroonaz
    aroonaz Registered Posts: 51
    Options
    a_khan how u found the exam?
  • aroonaz
    aroonaz Registered Posts: 51
    Options
    i have exam tomorrow.
  • lucylubyloo89
    lucylubyloo89 Registered Posts: 18
    Options
    i didnt find the exam too bad so im hoping i have done enough to pass. but alot of people say they came out confident and then failed, its just such a hard exam to judge!

good luck on your exam today :)
  • amberfernjones
    amberfernjones Registered Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Lucy, did you find the exam like any of the mock exams? what came up please? thanks
  • lucylubyloo89
    Options
    yes it was very similar to the mocks.

budget question, weaknesses in internal controls, production plans, ratios, SWOT analysis

i found it to be in the same format as the mocks its just revising as much as possible as anything at all could come up!

look at the marks given on the question and make enough points the cover and relate back to the scenarios where possible. i found this easier to do than the first time i took the exam
  • amberfernjones
    amberfernjones Registered Posts: 7
    Options
    ahhh great thank you, I am due to take the exam at 1pm so really hoping I pass this time! did you find it easier this time to reference the pre release material to the exam?

• lucylubyloo89
    Options
    yeah i did, i read over all the model answers i could get my hands on and i felt it really helped me answer the questions.

go to My AAT then study support then synoptic, at the very bottom they have a document called (SAMS) read the answers in there - you still have time!! it gives a great idea of what kind of things they want you to write

Good luck on the exam :)
Privacy Policy