How to register for MTD VAT with HMRC

RLevy Registered Posts: 1
I am almost fully retired, living in China, but still have a couple of VAT registered clients and am having problems regarding signing up for MTD. I have been to HMRC website and in order to sign up I need to give either my UTR or my companies UTR. I want to give the company UTR, but the problem is that my company is registered in Belize and is not subject to UK tax, therefor does not have a UK UTR. Can anyone inform me of how to overcome this problem.


  • JoF
    JoF Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Did you sort this? The process for foreign Accountancy practices is different to UK ones - there is some guidance on the HMRC site. Give me a shout if you cannot locate it.
Privacy Policy