Lost my Mum last Summer

Hi All,
I sadly lost my Mum last Summer so wasn't able to complete my AAT studies, with two exams left. The Synoptic and 'Cash & Treasury Management'
I am extremely anxious about re learning material especially for The Synoptic, as I failed this last year, the only exam I've ever failed.
Does anyone have any tips/ advise about the course so that I can start up again on a good track?
Thank you all ?

Comments

• Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @Staceydanielsx

First of all, sorry for your loss.

In regards of the revision, do you still have the books for rest of the units? If so I would go through them first and re-read all of them and just refresh your memory. Do AAT mock exams again (even if the exam is already passed) and see how you doing with them, do green light tests to test your knowledge.

Take Synoptic first, then while you're waiting for the results attempt a Cash & Treasury (or vice-versa).

As you have already know the subjects, you won't need much to remember everything, just re-read the books and you will see you will start remembering the bits straight away!

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions you have!

Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • Staceydanielsx
    Staceydanielsx Registered Posts: 40
    @Norvydas

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words.

I do still have all of the books, luckily. You're right I will go through all of the course notes from Level 3 on wards, to refresh my memory. Unfortunately my school will not give me access to the online learning material anymore. A bit mean I think considering my circumstances.

It's going to take some hard work but I just hope it all comes back to me as at the moment I can't remember much!

Thank you for your help
    Stacey
  • Norvydas
    No worries @Staceydanielsx

Might be worth contacting some online providers and explaining your circumstances as they might offer past notes at discounted cost.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Stacey,

It's never easy losing someone, especially so close.

However, you now have a great driver to move you forward. I'm sure your mum would never have doubted you and deep down you know you can do this. Sometimes life is hard but the other side of those hard things are great rewards. From experience of having staff go through training recently and having done it myself years ago it makes a big difference having support of a tutor as opposed to distance learning. It may be a little more awkward and costly but for the rewards that come after its worth it.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Staceydanielsx
    Hi Burg,
    Thank you for your thoughtful and kind words. I have been studying hard and doing as many questions as possible. My exam's next Thursday. I just hope that it isn't as mean as last time. I seem to be doing okay on the mocks, but then again I felt I was doing well last time and failed but must be positive! and I still have a week to prepare some more.
    Thank you
  • CarolynDenton
    CarolynDenton Registered Posts: 5
    Hi,

Sorry for your loss.
    It's always hard to start something over again so I understand how you must feel about this. What always has helped me is going through the course materials with a quick scan first. It is good to refresh your knowledge. It can be surprising for you how much you still remember, so you won't have to learn everything from scratch. Just focus on the most complicated questions and then scan everything one more time.
    I hope this helps
    We will be judged. There will be an accounting; there will be a reckoning sooner or later. It will either come from ourselves and our own conscience, or it will come from our kids when they ask that inconvenient question: 'What were you doing when they turned those kids back from the border?' - Beto O'Rourke
  • Staceydanielsx
    I finally passed, 2nd time, sooo relieved woohoo
  • Norvydas

I finally passed, 2nd time, sooo relieved woohoo

Congratulations!
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
Privacy Policy