Submission of Limited Company Accounts

Options
amhorton555@yahoo.co.uk
amhorton555@yahoo.co.uk Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
Advise needed please;

I've recently set up as a Licensed accountant, so far my clients have been sole traders and partnerships.

I have a potential new client that is a small Limited Company, I'm more than happy putting the accounts and corporation tax together, however I have never actually submitted accounts to Companies House so would appreciate any advise on the best way to do this and do the accounts need to be linked via a system i.e Sage etc...

Comments

• douglasstroud
    douglasstroud Registered Posts: 295 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    How do you submit the sole traders and partnerships?

I use Taxfiler, all you need is to input the TB and it will file all the necessary accounts.
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Yes you would need accounts production software that can file accounts in ixbrl format to companies house.
    You may also need a presenter ID and a presenter's code as an agent as well as the company's code.
  • amhorton555@yahoo.co.uk
    Options
    How do you submit the sole traders and partnerships? I currently submit the tax return manual via the HMRC website but now I'm getting more established and taking on more clients with a higher turnover I need to get a system sorted, I'll take a look at Taxfiler as exploring lots of options, thanks

I use Taxfiler, all you need is to input the TB and it will file all the necessary accounts.

Yes you would need accounts production software that can file accounts in ixbrl format to companies house.
    You may also need a presenter ID and a presenter's code as an agent as well as the company's code-

Thanks, so the client needs to set you up as an agent then in advance of submission?
  • MarieNoelle
    Options
    See here to apply as an agent to file accounts
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-a-companies-house-online-filing-presenter-account

You also need your client's code before you can file.
    Options
    Brilliant thank you, do you know what the Company Registered Number is referring to in the Presenter's details, I'm not registered as a Limited Company I'm a Sole Trader?
    Options
    Sorry for the further question but do you need to register to submit corporation tax returns also?
  • MarieNoelle
    Options

Sorry for the further question but do you need to register to submit corporation tax returns also?

You need to apply to HMRC in writing
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/corporation-tax-for-agents-online-service#how-to-register-for-corporation-tax-for-agents
Privacy Policy