Home For accounting professionals Tax

Tax return for client who moved back to Poland

dyziodyzio New MemberRegistered, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 35
Hello there,

Please advise how do I fill in tax return for a client who moved to Poland at the end of July 2018. He worked in UK as CIS contractor, and worked in Poland after he moved back there.
Please advise how I do I fill in residency pages. Does split year treatment apply here? Also, as he worked and earned money in Poland, do I have to disclose his Polish income? Is so, what do I take into consideration since Polish tax year is a calendar year?
Any help is greatly appreciated.



  • RyanMIPRyanMIP LincolnshireRegistered Posts: 50
    Where to start...

    How do you fill in the residency pages?

    Put entries in the relevant boxes.

    Does split year treatment apply?

    It may, but you haven’t given enough relevant information to determine.

    Does the Polish income need to be declared in the UK?

    It may, but you haven’t given enough relevant information to determine.

    What Polish income do you ‘take into account’?

    It depends on the information you haven’t given.

    If you don’t know what information is missing, you should probably consider whether to pass this case over to someone who knows.
  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,433
    A good place to start to determine residency status:

  • dyziodyzio New Member Registered, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 35
    edited April 2019
    Thanks so much @MarieNoelle

    I realise I am out of my depth here, so I will not be completing this tax return, but it's nice to be pointed in the right direction to learn something new.
Sign In or Register to comment.