Help with Cost Benefit Analysis

2»

Comments

• Vickie30
    Vickie30 Registered Posts: 24
    Thanks @Dorota_1680 ... it would be beneficial if they at least gave an example in the practise assessments, both of them are SWOT except PA2 has a tiny bit asking what CBA is! Surely if people are finding it hard and failing on it then surely it’s not going to look good on statistics and they would want to help students?? :(
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • Dorota_1680
    Dorota_1680 Registered Posts: 59
    @Vickie30 i totally agree with you...lets hope we will pass this time round :) fingers crossed!
  • c4n4ries
    c4n4ries Registered Posts: 9
    Look at the Net Present Value calculation you may have previously studied. Also, going onto youtube and searching for specific calculations helps me as there is often a step by step walk through available.
  • rachmcfc
    rachmcfc Registered Posts: 36
    @Staceydanielsx so sorry, I have not been on here since my Synoptic exam because I was so upset when I came out of it! Yet again i got a question that I did not have a clue how to answer, question 2. Just got my result back and failed again, by 2%! I knew I had but it is just devastating when it’s official!
    3 times now and each time I am getting significantly below in q2, and either q4 or q6. I have searched and searched and there is no help anywhere on the CBA question, and nowhere that has a mock question laid out like the one I keep getting in q2!
    I have absolutely no idea how I will ever pass this exam.
  • rachmcfc
    Has anybody seen anywhere information on how to complete the table in the CBA question 6? All the textbooks and online mocks that I can find are about SWOT. I know about CBA but I have no idea how to fill in the calculation table. I don’t feel like it gives enough information in the question to fill in a table and I don’t know what to put in the columns/rows.
    Same with the budgeting table in q2?
  • Vickie30
    @rachmcfc I’m so sorry you didn’t pass your synoptic :( it so awful to feel so deflated after an exam when you’ve really tried hard for it :(. I’ve sat the synoptic twice and I’ve never had CBA so I can’t help you with that sorry but what was the table in Task 2 and I’ll try my best to help?
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • rachmcfc
    @Vickie30 thanks Vicky, I really am feeling down about this exam now. I’ve passed all my other L4 exams with between 78-89% but I just cannot pass this one!
    It will be difficult to explain if you haven’t had the CBA question because the layout of q2 that I need help with has the same table. It is just a table with columns and rows asking for calculations but I just have no idea how I am supposed to layout my calculations. I’ve attempted it 2 different ways and both times got significantly below so I obviously don’t understand, i’m exactly the same with q6. I feel like if I got the standard q2 that was a budget table that you had to write about, and q6 SWOT Analysis then I would be able to scrape a pass, which is all I want now! But I keep getting questions in a layout that I just don’t understand. We used the BPP textbooks but nowhere does it have anything like what I’m getting in my exam.
    The next window is next week but if I can’t find out how to answer these questions then I don’t see the point in sitting it again, but I am worried that waiting until September means that it will be new pre release material and the exam may be completely different so I might end up right back at square one!
    I am ready for giving up but with just this one exam left it will all be for nothing if I do!
  • Dorota_1680
    @rachmcfc I am sorry that you didn't pass.. I know how you feel as I have also failed 3 times now. This time round I did get CBA question in q6 with columns and rows asking for calculations but I did not know how to complete this task as well and I couldn't find any practice tests in my books about it either. I am also not sure how to do Q2 (Budgeting) as I am getting significantly below. Did you manage to find any practice tests to cover both these questions in a layout we are getting in the exam? I am planning to take this exam in September. Do you think there will be a new pre release material until then?

• CornishPixie
    CornishPixie Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @Dorota_1680 and @rachmcfc: With the CBA question, have a look in your Decision and Control book, This will take you through net present value and net present cost, both of which use tables to show whether a decision would be possible or not. These are pretty much the same as CBA but in table form. There is also lots on the web in terms of CBA, the key parts of which are listed in your synoptic book!
  • Dorota_1680
    @CornishPixie Thanks for above I will have a look at it. In terms of finding on the web I couldn't find any good examples on how to complete this task in the exam.
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Guys please be mindful of our rules regarding discussing live assessments.

A contribution must not disclose any material from live assessments, AAT-produced or otherwise. Please familiarise yourself with AAT's online community terms and conditions.
  • rachmcfc
    @Dorota_1680 its devastating isn’t it! I honestly can’t find any help anywhere on these types of questions. I think it’s unfair that the resits are only days after the results are published so I, probably like many, just do not feel in any position to resit it this week which means that I too will be trying again in September. It does worry me that it will be new pre-release material, although I haven’t found that helpful in any of the exams anyway, I guess it’s more of a worry that the whole exam may be different and that it will put me right back at square 1 where it could be another 3 attempts and still not pass! I am extremely disappointed at how unhelpful AAT have been with this too.
  • rachmcfc
    @CornishPixie thank you for that information. I tried to use this layout in my second exam but didn’t find it gave me enough information in the question to fill in a table with calculations. After my first exam I looked it up online as much as possible and tried to answer it in a different way but still got significantly below. That’s why I am finding it so difficult because I just don’t know how to attempt it and my confidence has been knocked so much now. As long as I keep getting this question I just know I will keep failing.
  • _1ydia
    _1ydia Registered Posts: 5
    I also had the CBA question for my question 6 and found it completely unfair, I used Kaplan, Osborne and BPP practice books for the assessment and every single one had a SWOT for the final question. So disappointed that there is not sufficient practice for this question and am gutted that I've probably failed the exam due to this, when others in the same exam probably passed due to their good luck getting a SWOT analysis for the last question :s
  • rachmcfc
    Hi everyone, @Staceydanielsx @Vickie30 @Dimps92 @Dorota_1680,
    Sorry I didn’t reply to anyone’s latest posts back in May. Unfortunately my last Synoptic was another fail, 68%! I was devastated and have been going through a tough time recently so I have not been online for a while. How did everyone else find their Synoptics?
    Unfortunately the time has come for me to try again and I am so worked up about it, I don’t know how I will handle another fail. ?
  • Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    rachmcfc said:

Hi everyone, @Staceydanielsx @Vickie30 @Dimps92 @Dorota_1680,

Sorry I didn’t reply to anyone’s latest posts back in May. Unfortunately my last Synoptic was another fail, 68%! I was devastated and have been going through a tough time recently so I have not been online for a while. How did everyone else find their Synoptics?

Unfortunately the time has come for me to try again and I am so worked up about it, I don’t know how I will handle another fail. ?

I have messaged you some tips :)
  • rachmcfc
    Hi @Emmalouise18 , thank you. I am not sure I have them, where would I find them? x
  • Emmalouise18
    rachmcfc said:

Hi @Emmalouise18 , thank you. I am not sure I have them, where would I find them? x

Click on my name on this message and it should bring up a direct message system and show my message to you. If not then go to the top right hand corner of this AAT forum page where your notifications are and it should show a message inbox icon :)
  • rachmcfc
    @Emmalouise18 thank you, sorry I am useless on here. A very kind @Fee2019 sent me a copy of what you had sent to her so I think I have them now. Much appreciated.
  • Emmalouise18
    rachmcfc said:

@Emmalouise18 thank you, sorry I am useless on here. A very kind @Fee2019 sent me a copy of what you had sent to her so I think I have them now. Much appreciated.

Great! No problem at all x
  • aroonaz
    aroonaz Registered Posts: 51
    plz can u send me some tips as well. i have exam next week thanks.
  • Emmalouise18
    aroonaz said:

plz can u send me some tips as well. i have exam next week thanks.

I have messaged you:)
  • Vickie30
    Hey @rachmcfc :) so sorry to hear you didn’t pass the synoptic :( I managed to pass mine after the second sitting, I think I just hit lucky and got a couple of questions that I got in the previous exam so I had practised how to answer them. I still have all my revision material and my Osborne Books so if you want I can take pics etc to see if anything can help? X
    AATQB - Studying Level 4
  • leesajohnson
    leesajohnson Registered Posts: 4
    I am not aware the concept of cost benefits analysis. Thank you for giving reviews on this post.
  • rachmcfc
    Hi @Vickie30, well done on passing! You must be so relieved. Do you have anything that can help with the CBA table? This is probably my worst area, I know about the costs and benefits but just don’t know about the table? Thank you.
  • aroonaz
    @Emmalouise18 where i can find ur message?
  • Emmalouise18
    aroonaz said:

@Emmalouise18 where i can find ur message?

Click on my icon on this page and it should take you to our direct messages. Or go to the top of the page where the notification button is, next to it there is a direct message button :)
  • aroonaz
    @Emmalouise18 thank you soo much.
  • Kirst91
    Kirst91 Registered Posts: 3
    @Emmalouise18 would you be ok to send me over any tips you have please - im due to sit the exam on thursday and reading all these posts dont fill me with much confidence!!
  • Emmalouise18
    Kirst91 said:

@Emmalouise18 would you be ok to send me over any tips you have please - im due to sit the exam on thursday and reading all these posts dont fill me with much confidence!!

I have messaged you :)
Privacy Policy