Would you pay to get your CV rewritten

Options
Ijk92
Ijk92 Registered Posts: 1
I have written my CV several times and sending applications, but not getting noticed. Has anyone got their CV rewritten from Professional CV Service?

I already have a job as accounts admin, but want to move on.

Comments

• ktucker1989
    ktucker1989 Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    Nope, it will just end up looking like everyone else's. These companies just have templates and will just slot your info into the templates. I've never had any luck sending my CV out to people. People don't have time to read them and they just end up in a bin or in a stack of other CVs. I've always found the best way of finding jobs is to get yourself on places like CV library where people are searching for specific skills and sign up to loads of agencies. It's a pain to start with as you have to go to all their interviews and fill in loads of forms but then if they find jobs that match what you want then they call you and do all the leg work.
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ijk92 said:

I have written my CV several times and sending applications, but not getting noticed. Has anyone got their CV rewritten from Professional CV Service?

I already have a job as accounts admin, but want to move on.

I had the same CV for years which always worked for me. However when I wanted to move on it was not helping me progress. .This was not because I didn't have the experience, it was because my CV didn't contain the best use of words, software experience and so on! (Really key information that I left out!), I just thought employers will ask me that at interview.... I was always unsure of using one of these firms, then I used a local HR & Learning Development firm to rewrite for me, thought what have I got to loose (cost me £15).... was amazing what came out of it, not just a nice format to the CV layout, but the use of words and descriptions. I would say out of the dozens of applications I sent out after having the CV re-worked, I secured approx. 3-5 interviews, 2 from memory were 2nd stage interviews.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
Privacy Policy