Anybody passed 1st time?

Hi all, got my Business Tax exam next week then onto my final exam the dreaded Synoptic. Just wondered if anyone has passed this first time?

Comments

• Duchess1
    Duchess1 Registered Posts: 85
    I found the Synoptic ok. I revised the end of chapter summaries of all the modules & went through the things I did not perform well on in the previous assessments. Then did the online practice assessments and the Osborne ones.Good luck!
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    > @TarynPitchfork said:
    > Hi all, got my Business Tax exam next week then onto my final exam the dreaded Synoptic. Just wondered if anyone has passed this first time?

I chose both Tax papers for my optional units and managed to pass them both on the first attempts. Although I enjoyed studying for them, I found them hard. Tax is not my favourite subject :'(

The AAT website Greenlight tests were really helpful, and my college mocks!
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Rusty1985
    Rusty1985 Registered Posts: 57
    I await my result, give yourself lots of time, do as many mocks as you can!!!!! That's my biggest tip and spread your time wisely. No need to re-read every word of previous books, just certain referrals. The exam is based around controls mainly. There are some good videos on internet about the synoptic, well worth half hour of your time.
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    I also took both tax modules as my options at level 4 - I really enjoyed studying them.

I passed each one on the third attempt. xD My own fault, I think I didn't revise enough before the exams as I thought I had the knowledge down.

Ahh, complacency... xD
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • Norvydas
    Norvydas Registered Posts: 271 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited August 2019
    @TarynPitchfork

I did both tax units after I did synoptic. I never did more than 4 weeks of revision for any AAT exam (used to revise around 5 days a week, 1-2hrs per day).

Chose Tax units as I am working in a practice, therefore they are most relevant for me. Do not choose units that are easy to do... What's the point in that? Choose units that will help you in your future career.
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
Privacy Policy