is that possible to self-taught AAT level 2 ?

chloezhu
chloezhu Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
After searching for a distance learning course, found nothing matches my requirement, so wonder if it possible to self-taught please? for the AAT website, where I could get support from, say from other students here?

thanks
Chloe

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Chloe

I self studied through Accountancy Learning for all the AAT levels. You can choose if you want a tutor or not and they send you all the related osborne books for the levels as well as online resources.

You'd study on your own do the practice exams on their site and either self mark or have the tutor mark them. When you feel ready for an exam you can then book it at any exam centre that's local to you.

It's definitely possible to self study and the method I've used is only one so you might want to look around. You can get support here as well.

Hope this helps
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Viktoria
    Viktoria Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Chloe,

It is more than possible.

I passed Level 2 with Distinction, completely self-taught.
    I used Osborne books and AAT website (highly recommended) only. No tutor or any other provider.
    I would recommend to make a study plan and stick to it. It helps to reduce the stress when you have a busy life.

Good luck!
  • Gary1089
    Gary1089 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Chloe,

I studied through ICS on the Kaplan text books and, given my time again, I wouldn’t have bothered with ICS; barely used the tutor (the one I had would often take several days to answer my queries) and the end of topic quizzes are annoying at best, occasionally wrong or marking down if you can’t guess the format they want the answer in.

Have a go with just the Kaplan books, I’m sure you’ll do fine!

Gary
  • chloezhu
    chloezhu Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    thank you
  • RAKTHER
    RAKTHER Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited November 2023
    Hi Chloe,

I would say you can do it by self study. However, If you are totally new in AAT I would recommend you to go through classroom based, online or distance learning courses in order to get more help to learn accountancy.
    You can get support on AAT website on e-learning modules and can get real exam senario through AAT practice assessments.
    You need to make your own study plan to get a stressless exam.

RAKTHER
    Training Coordinator, Osborne Training
Privacy Policy