Classroom or distance?

Options
Hi everyone. Just thought I would pose a question regarding studying AAT Level 4.
So I have passed L2 and L3 via distance/online learning, coming out with results over 90 for pretty much every exam.
Having spoke to a couple of friends, they recommend I do level 4 via classroom learning, however I seem to have missed the start date for most college courses for L4 as they all started in September and I got my result in October.
I want to study the 3 core modules first, then the synoptic and then the 2 optionals (both tax modules).
I am thinking of doing FSLC via distance learning and then the rest via classroom, as the second module in college starts in Feb 20 which I can jump onto.
Has anyone done FSLC via distance/online learning as opposed to classroom? And if so how did you find it/would you recommend it done that way?
Do you recommend I continue to do the rest of the level via distance/online or attend classroom learning?
For a brief background, I currently work in a small practice as an assistant accountant, producing accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships.

Thank you for your time.

Sam

Comments

• HM21
    HM21 Registered Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi,

I am not sure if this way works for you.
    If you plan to go to uni then you could do Access to H.E business and financial or accounting. This qualification will lead to uni alongside AAT level 3.

+ you could do level 4 with Kaplan, live online or classroom as you can pick the unit you want and study which not require paying for the full course.
    https://kaplan.co.uk/docs/default-source/pdfs/timetables/aat/professional/aat-tt-leeds-professional-diploma-accounting.pdf?sfvrsn=201a6a01_20

I am doing level 3 not 4 so not sure how hard it is but if I am in your position, I will try to do the first exam after self-studying. If this work then I will continue in this ruote if not then will look for classroom or distance.
    ( I am doing Access distance learning and AAT level 3 self-studying and working very well for me.)

Good luck
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    ive completed level 2 & 3 via online learning (Kaplan ondemand) .. it suited me perfectly as im in full time employment

Ive just started my level 4 FSLC unit via online and so far so good.......
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
Privacy Policy