How to get first job in Accountancy

Options
Where is the best place to look for jobs in the north east? also, what is the best jobs description to look out for?
Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Online search will probably do some good. Are you near any larger cities as there will be lots of accountancy firms around. Do you want a broad range or are happy with a small niche? If broad look for smaller firms as you'll have to do a larger variety where as at a larger firm you'll probably be in a department covering more specific areas.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited November 2019
    Options

Where is the best place to look for jobs in the north east? also, what is the best jobs description to look out for?
    Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Jack, I would say register online with jobboards (REED, INDEED, HAYS) and also if you have local recruitment branches of the likes of REED & HAYS, to register with them.

You could also prepare and send out covering letters, enclosing CV's to any perspective employers which you are interested in (both Industry based companies and accountancy firms). Even if no jobs are advertised, a CV could land on the desk of a Director or Finance Professional who needs a new employee in their company/teams!

Also last but not least, LinkedIn. I found having a LinkedIn profile, helped my job search (from my first accounting role, to even now looking for next career move). On LinkedIn you can make local connections with businesses (HR Departments, Directors, Finance Managers and even local recruiters).

Hope some of these pointers are useful?...

Good Luck :)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
Privacy Policy