Synoptic assessment

Hi guys
I sat the L4 synoptic exam yesterday and was literally seeing questions that I had never ever seen before and I had done multiple multiple practice assessments in preparation. Weird tables that made no sense... anybody else?

Comments

• amankahlon
    amankahlon Registered Posts: 14
    Hi .same here. I had question totally different not even similar question in books . But i did my best . Let see
  • Ishrat
    Ishrat Registered Posts: 49
    edited November 2019
    Heyyy, same here questions were litte different. What I found really difficult was managing the time, it was soo much to do. The additional information was soo long worded.. With some tasks it was like 3 to 4 page long. I was thinking during the exam how AAT expect us to read through all this n then answer each question (e.g a, b, c etc within same task). I had almost remembered all main points from pre release but still didn't get chance to reference back as much. I literally just managed to finish all tasks without checking anything or read what i written is correct n make sense.
    The ratio question was even long, had so much to read n all the figures was all over the place.
    I think my luck with all tasks was pretty bad expect task 1.

The impression I had from this synoptic exam, it's not difficult but we being expected to do alot even 3 hrs are not enough. Wish you all the best. I'll be over the moon if I get through with this first time around. Let's see ?
  • amankahlon
    amankahlon Registered Posts: 14
    Hi .Anyone know about cash budget? I have not read anywhere in book.
  • saffrondarcy26
    saffrondarcy26 Registered Posts: 4
    My synoptic exam was AWFUL! Cash budgets? Cost Benefit Analysis tables that made no sense? Long winded questions? Where was all that in the study text/mock assessments please?!
  • Klaudia55
    Klaudia55 Registered Posts: 6
    @saffrondarcy26 i feel your pain! Here comes a resit in March again! :s
  • Sam1234
    Sam1234 Registered Posts: 10
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for your responses.

I can relate to all of you! It was an awful exam and I am disappointed that AAT saw fit to make it such a difficult exam.
    No idea what a cash budget was, but what was most frustrating for me were those tables. It literally said 'Item' 'Cost' 'Benefit'... literally had no clue what I was doing.
    Certain resit in March and I pray that exam is more do able!
  • saffrondarcy26
    Klaudia55 said:

@saffrondarcy26 i feel your pain! Here comes a resit in March again! :s

Can't wait :/
  • MichaelJHampton
    MichaelJHampton Registered Posts: 1
    I took this exam on 22nd... I found it very difficult and it was nothing like the practice assessments. Cost benefit analysis in a table form? I didn't even know what the questions were looking for which made it very difficult.

I don't understand how AAT can put things in the synoptic assessment that you are not even taught through course books. It's unfair and unrealistic. I hope they do something about the pass mark considering so many people have negative things to say about it.
  • saffrondarcy26

I took this exam on 22nd... I found it very difficult and it was nothing like the practice assessments. Cost benefit analysis in a table form? I didn't even know what the questions were looking for which made it very difficult.

I don't understand how AAT can put things in the synoptic assessment that you are not even taught through course books. It's unfair and unrealistic. I hope they do something about the pass mark considering so many people have negative things to say about it.

Everyone who got that version of the synoptic exam is complaining about the same things so surely that will mean they will have to lower the pass mark?
  • Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hey guys..

Seen a lot of you mentioning the questions in synoptic are different to the questions in the books etc.

AAT do tell Osbourne/ Kaplan/ BPP what to put in the textbooks etc however its up to the writers of the book to include it in.

My view is that the writers themselves don't really know how to approach a CBA question as I only found 1 question of this in a BPP book.

The CBA table requires you to list all the costs to the new proposed system, then list all the benefits to the new proposed system. There are columns in the table to do this. Thats what I did for this question and I passed the exam with 77%.
Privacy Policy